• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The Leftovers on HBO

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

Begins next Sunday night on HBO.

The premise is for some reason 2% of the total population of the Earth simply vanishes, instantly. There is no apparent link/connection between the people who have disappeared. This is what happens to the 98% that were left behind.

Seems to have potential, not a whole lot else going on.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I've got it set up to record. Seems interesting enough to give it a shot. I'm always up for a good population goes crazy show

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
2% seems insignificant. Why not 10%? 2% doesn't seem enough to make a difference.
But that'a the thing... If even 0.02% just disappeared, literally vanished without a trace, it would change everything we think we know and would be enough to cause mass panic.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
But that'a the thing... If even 0.02% just disappeared, literally vanished without a trace, it would change everything we think we know and would be enough to cause mass panic.
right. if 2% disappeared and nobody cared things might do along fine, but 2% and the ensuing panic would be borderline catastrophic.

Interesting. I also question why only 2% - other than the panic and confusion it would cause it seems like a pretty insignificant amount. Added to the list of shows to find/watch.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It was not what I was expecting... not loving it... will give it another episode though before making up my mind.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
The crazy factor is keeping me watching. And I want to know what GR stands for. My guess is Grimm Reaper, :wifey: thinks Genesis Revelation

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
Guilty Remnants I think.

And I liked the show, was kinda exactly what I was expecting.
We got hung up on some subject and talked for 10min or so, so we might have missed the explanation.

Kinda what I was expecting as well. I think it'll be a fun show to watch.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
They should do a show where all the 1%ers disappear and the world's economy collapses. :clapping:

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
watched it last night, I was MEH at best, will give it another episode or two.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Well I gave up on the series but it's been a couple years. They did 2 seasons and they have announced that the upcoming 3rd season (begining this summer) will be the last season.

Basically 30 shows... figured I'd give it another chance.

Watched all of season one, and a few episodes into season two right now.

But I have a question- a few times now there seem to be passing references that there was more than one "departure." In the most recent episode I watched the mom is at the publisher about her book and the publisher guy mentioned everyone is waiting for "Departure 3.0." And earlier in the second season some of the signs around Miracle Texas seemed to reference a first and/or second departure?

Did I miss something significant? I don't care if it's a spoiler, can anyone fill in what the deal is with what seems like 2 prior departures?