• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Thoroughly F***ed by Hill-Rom

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
yeah, buy pool float, stick it in the section with the bad bladder, when that leaks, buy another pool float. You probably can buy 500 pool floats for what it would cost for the real fix.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
yeah, buy pool float, stick it in the section with the bad bladder, when that leaks, buy another pool float. You probably can buy 500 pool floats for what it would cost for the real fix.
Not going to work- the pressure needs to regularly adjusted to keep the bedsores healing / preventing new ones. This isn't just a pool float under a cushion.

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
what a crock.

They pretty much got you by the asshairs coming and going. So I take it from your previous post that the GoFund me funds that were raised are going to go toward fixing this thing?

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You sure insurance won't pay for a new version of this medically needed device?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Long story but almost no insurance companies ever approve a bed like this as a medical necessity despite what doctors order. But in my case, since we self paid for it at the time, it is most definitely not eligible for any kind of insurance reimbursement now. We've tried with other things- if the insurance company didn't buy it initially they won't even consider anything else relating to the bed.

Max cost is estimated at $1790 and likely less, so maybe not as bad as I feared.

neevo

Limey Hippo
I wonder if you could use one of those tyre repair aerosols to fix the leak, Just stay off it until the stuff has set

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Supposedly it has been handed off to the repair center and just have to wait for them to call and schedule visit. I hope that means later today.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I wonder if you could use one of those tyre repair aerosols to fix the leak, Just stay off it until the stuff has set
I think those work best once the tire is spinning and the sealant lines the inside of the tire. Probably would just leak out of the hole in the cushion.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Well the tech was here this morning... it seems everything was due to a kinked hose... he didn't even need to replace it, just cut a few inches off and reconnected it. So not sure what the total bill will be yet, have to call tomorrow- but I expect only a few hundred which is travel and labor costs. No new parts were needed. :thup2:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Long story but almost no insurance companies ever approve a bed like this as a medical necessity despite what doctors order. But in my case, since we self paid for it at the time, it is most definitely not eligible for any kind of insurance reimbursement now. We've tried with other things- if the insurance company didn't buy it initially they won't even consider anything else relating to the bed.

Max cost is estimated at $1790 and likely less, so maybe not as bad as I feared.
Insurance company won't pay for it, but will pay for the conditions caused by not having the proper bed in the first place. Got to love how proactive they are.

Guess I'm leaning toward Bernie with that thought. ;)

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Well the tech was here this morning... it seems everything was due to a kinked hose... he didn't even need to replace it, just cut a few inches off and reconnected it. So not sure what the total bill will be yet, have to call tomorrow- but I expect only a few hundred which is travel and labor costs. No new parts were needed. :thup2:
Where's the tech dispatched from? I'm gonna bet the bill comes out to around...$625

Wild ass guess

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Where's the tech dispatched from? I'm gonna bet the bill comes out to around...$625

Wild ass guess
Good question- despite there being service center with service reps 15-20 minutes away this guy seemingly came from out on Long Island, took him about 40 minutes to get here.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Awesome :thup2: