• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

troll control v.4.5.6 or 7.....

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
Ignore list w/invisible mode, so the UID doesn't now its been IL'ed. ccc

U like?

neevo

Limey Hippo
Surely they would know they are ignored when they cant post in a thread started by the 'ignoree'?

DH350nWo

Meh
VIP
That defeats the purpose of the ignore list preventing replies to threads. :puzzled:
Something along the lines of "This user is on your ignore list. Click HERE to show reply."

Been done before, but with WB's mod you place user on iggy, BUT user cannot see that they are on iggy. Everyone else can, and can troll user A about "why do you have userB on iggy?"

I see the usefulness.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Something along the lines of "This user is on your ignore list. Click HERE to show reply."

Been done before, but with WB's mod you place user on iggy, BUT user cannot see that they are on iggy. Everyone else can, and can troll user A about "why do you have userB on iggy?"

I see the usefulness.
That's exactly how the ignore list works by default.

TacticalFats

Odometer of The Beast
VIP
I didn't know that if you ignore someone, they knew it.

In my personal history of the internet, I've only found one UID distracting and uninteresting enough to ignore, and it's probably/definitely an AE anyway.

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
yer getting warmer... it is default behavior for the IL, however there is no 'click here' bullshit and no notice of any kind, userA puts userB on the magic list, poof userA never see's another post/thd from userB, whether userB posts every day, or not at all, that uid is just not present anymore... it is the ultimate TC... if you put someone on the IL, it makes a public thing out of it, defeats the purpose really...

anyone with me yet? i'm trying here......

TacticalFats

Odometer of The Beast
VIP
yer getting warmer... it is default behavior for the IL, however there is no 'click here' bullshit and no notice of any kind, userA puts userB on the magic list, poof userA never see's another post/thd from userB, whether userB posts every day, or not at all, that uid is just not present anymore... it is the ultimate TC... if you put someone on the IL, it makes a public thing out of it, defeats the purpose really...

anyone with me yet? i'm trying here......
The feature could be a step up from Ignore User....Eliminate User.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
OK- The original way the ignore list worked was this:

You put Deere1 for example on ignore.

Deere1 doesn't know it... NO ONE knows it but you. Even as an admin I wouldn't know who you had on your ignore list.

Anytime Deere1 posts you see a placeholder message saying this post is hidden because Deere1 is on your ignore list- click here to view it anyway.

That is the default vBulletin ignore system and sounds like what you described.

Later I added the "Ignore List Blocks Reply" mod because simply ignoring a user wasn't enough- I wanted the ignore list to have some "teeth."

Then I added "Public Ignore Lists" so users could see who was on each other's ignore lists.