• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Verizon "New Every Two" program

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Do you know if you can extend your current contract for 2 years, or do you need to pick a new (current) contract?

My AirCard is up and I want to get one that is RevA capable - but my unlimited data plan isn't offered anymore- if they won't let me extend it I'd rather just buy the card at full price and do an ESN switch.

Ralph

VIP
Usually you'll have to start with a whole new contract and plan. If your current contract isn't up, sometimes they'll let you upgrade early; sometimes not.

Fleg

Bewbie
They always let me do a new contract but I could keep my old plan. I had free night calling that started at 8 forever even while the new plans started at 9.

Toney Marconi

Fat, drunk, and stupid
VIP
You can extend your current plan, even if said plan is no longer offered. At least they let me do it. The only time I was forced to get a new plan was when we chose a new phone that was not compatible with the old plan.

:spinz:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Confirmed... They extended the $79.99 unlimited plan for me even though their maximum currently offered plan is $59.99 for 5GB.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Confirmed... They extended the $79.99 unlimited plan for me even though their maximum currently offered plan is $59.99 for 5GB.
fact...I had an old plan that hadn't been offered for years for a long time, until my last phone. I've had Verizon since before they were Verizon out here.

I've never understood the fascination with people switching carriers like socks.

StormChaser

fact...I had an old plan that hadn't been offered for years for a long time, until my last phone. I've had Verizon since before they were Verizon out here.

I've never understood the fascination with people switching carriers like socks.
I :heart: Verizon. They've been very good to us.

Fleg

Bewbie
Verizon has done well with me. I used to have Voicestream (later turned into Team Mobile) and I hated those dicks.