• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Washing machines

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Damn thing failed again today. This times it's the agitator dogs. One in pieces the other kinda smooth. Replacement parts arrive Wed.

If the transmission or motor should fail, I may just throw in the towel and replace it.

Ardvark

any jeep owner in the history of jeeps have learned enough on the trail that they are more than qualified to easily fix a washing machine

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
yeah, he found some hack on the net involving a cable tie to hold him over until the part arrives Thursday

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
yeah, he found some hack on the net involving a cable tie to hold him over until the part arrives Thursday
That's precisely how I fixed mine when it failed. I ordered the part... and didn't bother to install it until last month. I think I ordered it about 3 years prior.

I have to say that while I'm not enamored of the machine, pretty much all of the essential parts can be had new from Whirlpool. Damn thing is pushing 20 years old.