• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Well the Ghostbusters reboot is going to suck...

John

Transplant
VIP
They didn't bother me, but I never understood all the hype.

Beetlejuice creeped me out. :dunce:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Why reboot when they could have easily done a restart, a next generation, if you will. :wtf:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Sony claims the new movie doesn't have anything to do with the old one...and then the first thing they do is remind you of the old movie.

I'll torrent this one, just as an FU to Sony.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I was happy to see the trailer seems to make it seem like the first two were still canon.

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
I was happy to see the trailer seems to make it seem like the first two were still canon.
The trailer did not present this as a sequel, other than saying there was a movie 30 years ago. So is it a sequel or a reboot? Either way, this will not be nearly as funny or clever as the original. I may redbox it eventually.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Wednesday, speaking to an audience of super fans in Los Angeles (who stood and cheered the trailer, twice) as well as members of the press, Feig explained that the nostalgic feel of the trailer is part of the movie itself.

“I’d be bummed if I didn’t see the Ecto-1 and all that stuff,” he said. “So we wanted to make sure we give those nods—but make them our own, and give them their own original origin story. When you see the movie, there will be a lot of things you’re happy to see, but they’re coming at you at a slightly different way.”

Make no mistake, despite the cameos, and the recognizable people, places and music, this new Ghostbusters is a reboot, not a sequel. The film-makers wanted to start from scratch, so this world, and these characters, would have to earn their place.
The New Ghostbusters Trailer Is Here, and Everything Looks Perfect

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Make no mistake, despite the cameos, and the recognizable people, places and music, this new Ghostbusters is a reboot, not a sequel. The film-makers wanted to start from scratch, so this world, and these characters, would have to earn their place.
:down:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
What a hunk of shit when the trailer is so blatantly wrong.

It wasn't FOUR scientists, it was three.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
What a hunk of shit when the trailer is so blatantly wrong.

It wasn't FOUR scientists, it was three.
Funny thing when you look at Wikipedia

Winston Zeddemore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the original script for Ghostbusters, Winston Zeddemore was intended to be the smartest and most capable of the Ghostbusters, a former Marine with multiple degrees and a Ph.D., making him more suited for the job than the founding three Ghostbusters.[2] However, in the final screenplay none of these qualifications were mentioned. The changes are discussed in detail in the commentary on the DVD of Ghostbusters, the explanation being Winston allowed the technobabble to be put into layman's terms.