• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

What do you think of this LAW in Mississippi?

Rugster [JU]

Archived
Mississippi Legislature
2008 Regular Session
House Bill 282

Description: Food establishments; prohibit from serving food to any person who is obese.

Background Information:
Disposition: Active
Deadline: General Bill/Constitutional Amendment
Revenue: No
Vote type required: Majority
Effective date: July 1, 2008

History of Actions:
1 01/25 (H) Referred To Public Health and Human Services;Judiciary B

----- Additional Information -----

House Committee: Public Health and Human Services*, Judiciary B

Principal Author: Mayhall
Additional Authors: Read, Shows

Title: AN ACT TO PROHIBIT CERTAIN FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS FROM SERVING FOOD TO ANY PERSON WHO IS OBESE, BASED ON CRITERIA PRESCRIBED BY THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH; TO DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT TO PREPARE WRITTEN MATERIALS THAT DESCRIBE AND EXPLAIN THE CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A PERSON IS OBESE AND TO PROVIDE THOSE MATERIALS TO THE FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS; TO DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT TO MONITOR THE FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS ACT; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/2008/pdf/history/HB/HB0282.xml

I agree with it as long as said person is drawing some kind of funds for the gov't. Whether it be welfare, medicare/medicaid, etc.

ABQ-TJ [JU]

Archived
I think it's a repost and the author of the "bill" even said it was a bit tongue in cheek (plus, he's like 6'1" and 230-ish and it would affect him as well).

Idiot.

I think this law is a good idea.....

we should also have a law that you bring kids in a restaurant and they cause a disturbance that you get a $75 fine and ejected from the place. And the same with cell phones, turn them off, if they ring while in there, another $75 fine and you get thrown out. You want to make a call, go out side with the smokers....15ft from any entrance.

Ok we're on a roll......who's next!?!??!?!?!? LoL

:devbug: :devbug: :devbug:

I think this law is a good idea.....

we should also have a law that you bring kids in a restaurant and they cause a disturbance that you get a $75 fine and ejected from the place. And the same with cell phones, turn them off, if they ring while in there, another $75 fine and you get thrown out. You want to make a call, go out side with the smokers....15ft from any entrance.

Ok we're on a roll......who's next!?!??!?!?!? LoL

:devbug: :devbug: :devbug:

RAAARRR much?

I can imagine it now....

Hey, you, skinny boy. Yeah, you. I'll give you fie dollah you go up to Mickey D's & get me a super-size big mac meal!

Psst! Hay you, fatty. C'mere, I got something you'd be interested in. [opens coat to reveal Whoppers & Quarter Pounders in 11ty pockets]

:jump:

grigsby [JU]

Archived
I can imagine it now....

Hey, you, skinny boy. Yeah, you. I'll give you fie dollah you go up to Mickey D's & get me a super-size big mac meal!

Psst! Hay you, fatty. C'mere, I got something you'd be interested in. [opens coat to reveal Whoppers & Quarter Pounders in 11ty pockets]

:jump:
that would be a pretty easy sideline job. Except you would probably get a lot of these types as customers