• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

where do you keep

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
your motorcycle parked?

I've got mine in the garage for now...but sometimes I'm tempted to park in right by the front door to piss off the HOA.

Fleg

Bewbie
Right now I have the three in the garage. Sometimes I'll park the dirt bikes on the back patio after I was them off from riding.

One lives in the garage the other is in the basement. My basement is at grade in the back of the house with double solid doors, like a french door. Apparently, when building the house, the inspector wasn't really keen on putting a garage door in an unfinished basement. This was the best alternative for keeping the toys indoors.

PetemTJ

Hardley Contingent
In the garage. Don't think I could turn the big bastard around if I parked it on the sidewalk :jump:

PetemTJ

Hardley Contingent
I'm the only one whose going to relate to this here. :jump::jump:

Always garage kept
They had Ohio Bike Week here in Sandusky a few weeks ago. A couple other GG's (Geezer Glides) and myself parked next to the building, backed into the spot. Some a-hole on a custom chopper parks crossways in front of me. Had a hell of a time getting out.

Got lucky, a couple other riders saw me trying to maneuver this thing and helped :jump:

Sometimes I wish for a reverse gear that doesn't have a bad knee

Bullitt

BANNED!
They had Ohio Bike Week here in Sandusky a few weeks ago. A couple other GG's (Geezer Glides) and myself parked next to the building, backed into the spot. Some a-hole on a custom chopper parks crossways in front of me. Had a hell of a time getting out.

Got lucky, a couple other riders saw me trying to maneuver this thing and helped :jump:

Yep, you really have to plan your parking. :D

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium

You can add one can't you?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
:disagree: You can, but the ridicule would be immense. Hey nice Goldwing :rotflmao:
Ah, didn't know it was frowned upon. I don't think my narrow ass would be able to budge one of those things if there were any hint of incline.

Bullitt

BANNED!
Ah, didn't know it was frowned upon. I don't think my narrow ass would be able to budge one of those things if there were any hint of incline.
Its a bitch if you park it wrong. 900lbs worth. I've only fawked up once and parked wrong, once I panicked and the adrenaline kicked in it finally moved.

PetemTJ

Hardley Contingent
The reverse gear Ima talking about has tits :jump:

She fawked up her knee in a car wreck a few years back and hasn't been too good pulling the bike back since

tink

My Fawking leg hurts
VIP
Actually there is a reverser for Big Twin HD's it bolts on to the right side of the tranny and has its own little shifter. Put tranny in neutral and shift into reverse then ease out on clutch. It is the shit if you have a hack or trike.

Taggart

Excelsior
Garage. I've rarely parked it outside on the street for an hour or two but with garage space I don't see any reason to remain unnecessarily exposed to bird crap. :D

Someone along my commute route keeps an old Kawasaki parked out on the street 24/7 regardless of weather.