• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Why do Americans suck at worldwide competitions?

F1, tennis, african hand ball, soccer/futbol, pretty much anything else...

i'm watching footage of the indy grand prix and the only american is scott speed who never even makes it to Q2/Q3. i remember when the USA dream team used to dominate african hand ball, do pretty well in Olympics, and Americans were a force to reckon with. tis a shame.

It is because we have our own sports. Football, NASCAR, etc. We also used to cheat better at bicycle racing but haven't been so fortunate of late.

PARAGON [JU]

Archived
F1, tennis, african hand ball, soccer/futbol, pretty much anything else...

i'm watching footage of the indy grand prix and the only american is scott speed who never even makes it to Q2/Q3. i remember when the USA dream team used to dominate african hand ball, do pretty well in Olympics, and Americans were a force to reckon with. tis a shame.
We have our own open wheel circuit, and we kick tennis ass over the years.

Is "african hand ball" = basketball ?:)

Dan Gurney was an American F1 driver that didn't suck. Seems like Mario Andretti was pretty okay too.
Gurney's last active year was in 1970 and Mario in '82. Where have the Americans been the past 20-25 years? I just wish F1 would be bigger over here and have more than the one USGP race but people are too caught up in WT Nascar and Indy/IRL etc. meh.

ALMS is starting to get better coverage here at least but most of those drivers are foreign as well. At least the Corvette GT1 team does well (there's no competition though). I think one of the C6R's is already out of the 24hr LeMans within the first 2 hours.

F1 has almost always been dominated by Europe and Brazil. The IRL is deliberately designed to support less expensive cars than the F1 stuff, and therefore attracts more potential drivers. Neckcar is the only sport in the world where an athlete (ok, driver) is hated simply because coming from of all places Indiana causes him to enunciate to well. No foreigner could ever butcher the English language well enough to compete with drivers from the deep South.