• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Will the Jeep Pickup bring you back to Jeep?

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
What does a top end Wrangler run these days? $45k? Bet the truck would be over $50k and well outside of a reasonable price for a 1/4 ton toy.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Yeah. F that. No way in hell. Will be competing with the Ford Raptor.

gcb

VIP
I predict they will sticker around $30K-$33K. They'll be based on the wrangler, so the price can't venture too far.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
$30-$33k would be about what I'd be willing to pay for a 4dr Jeep truck, but I think it's likely to be much higher.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
$30-$33k would be about what I'd be willing to pay for a 4dr Jeep truck, but I think it's likely to be much higher.
stupid to expect jeep to not directly compete with the other vehicles in the segment. It will probably compete directly with the tacoma and colorado/canyon in size and pricing in the midsize market and will be priced similarly. IF it uses the diesel or bumps HP up to over 300 and keeps the coil springs and axles, I think it will kill the tacoma in the enthusiast market.

heck, my '89 YJ stickered for $9k with the hardtop and AC options, a base model now is $23k. shit costs more now bro

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
What does the Tacoma sticker for? I figured it must be in the $30k range. I don't think a Jeep pickup would compete with a full sized truck in the $40k range.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
What does the Tacoma sticker for? I figured it must be in the $30k range. I don't think a Jeep pickup would compete with a full sized truck in the $40k range.
Probably for a single cab 2wd base model. I was reading the latest issue of fourwheeler while taking a shit this morning, and the tacoma in the top truck challenge was $38k. The Colorado with the dezuhl was $44k. The ram rebel was $53k. The nissan hd truck with the cummins was in the $50s

Last edited:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
heck, my '89 YJ stickered for $9k with the hardtop and AC options, a base model now is $23k. shit costs more now bro
My '99 TJ Sport was close to $23k, but I used the employee discount and paid around $21k.

Searched the same dealer's inventory now and they don't have any Wranglers under $27k on the lot.

Crazy Hawk

Willbillys
I honestly don't like the majority of newer vehicles at all and don't see Jeep coming out with anything that I'll really want. I'm very happy with my $2000 '89 MJ :pirate:

I ordered my Dad's '16 taco and it came to $36k and some change. 4dr SR5 4x4 in tan. I've been driving it for the last week and it's a solid improvement over the previous model.

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
After the domestics get discounted, the Tacoma is squarely in the F-150/Silverado/Sierra/Ram territory. Double Cab 4x4 TRD models will run you $40k out the door with very little options.

The manual TRD Sport model I priced was only $1k less than I could get a decently optioned F-150 XLT Sport for. And the Ford is way faster, better fuel economy, tows more, and a bunch more options.

$40k for a Tacoma with drum brakes, and a 4-way manual adjustable drivers seat. No power option and no height adjustment.

I ordered my Dad's '16 taco and it came to $36k and some change. 4dr SR5 4x4 in tan. I've been driving it for the last week and it's a solid improvement over the previous model.
The Tacoma was basically a refresh on a 10 year old design. The interior is much improved and a new torqueless V6 motor. :pirate:

Styling hints in the Crew Chief concept. Love the front end.
After they get through with the wind tunnel for EPA testing, I doubt the front end looks anything like that. They already leaned the JK grille back and curved the windshield.

Last edited:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
After they get through with the wind tunnel for EPA testing, I doubt the front end looks anything like that. They already leaned the JK grille back and curved the windshield.
Oh come on... That extremely fuel efficient, monstrously powerful, super torquey V6 power plant Jeep uses will pull them through to prevail.

:rotflmao:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
After the domestics get discounted, the Tacoma is squarely in the F-150/Silverado/Sierra/Ram territory. Double Cab 4x4 TRD models will run you $40k out the door with very little options.

The manual TRD Sport model I priced was only $1k less than I could get a decently optioned F-150 XLT Sport for. And the Ford is way faster, better fuel economy, tows more, and a bunch more options.

$40k for a Tacoma with drum brakes, and a 4-way manual adjustable drivers seat. No power option and no height adjustment.
My Tacoma was honestly my favorite vehicle so far, so I love that I bought it. Price-wise, though, the same was true even back in '05. My Tacoma was an extended cab V6 6MT TRD Sport, and I test drove an F150 FX4 extended cab with leather, heated seats, and a sunroof that could have gotten for less than $1500 more. Unless you just really want a smaller truck they're a pretty ****ing stupid choice at the price.

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
My Tacoma was honestly my favorite vehicle so far, so I love that I bought it. Price-wise, though, the same was true even back in '05. My Tacoma was an extended cab V6 6MT TRD Sport, and I test drove an F150 FX4 extended cab with leather, heated seats, and a sunroof that could have gotten for less than $1500 more. Unless you just really want a smaller truck they're a pretty ****ing stupid choice at the price.
The manual transmission is the biggest selling point to me. Perhaps in a couple years when I'm in the market they'll fix the seat adjustment. We have a 2013 small wheel model and the lack of adjustment kills me on long trips. Even my POS Mazda 3 manual height adjustment.

John

Transplant
VIP
Are you short? Thought you said you weren't. I just put the seat all the way down and leave it.