• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Yamaha FJR

Fleg

Bewbie
Anyone ever rode one? I'm not a fan of their looks with all the bags and crap attached but when they are removed it looks pretty decent.

Kurt V

BANNED!
They can carry a lot of weight, I mean a lot of weight. You know what I'm talking about don't you Fleg. ;)

Fleg

Bewbie
yeah, they have a much sporty look to them without the bags. With the bags they look like a sporty version of a GoldWing.

Fleg

Bewbie
going to go look at one tonight. I know where there is a new 07 in town but the dealer hasn't marked it down very much yet. With 09's coming out next month I expect the price on it to get much better.

Just get another Triumph and STFU.

what is going to happen is you are going to get that pile of shit Yamaha, constantly compare it to the Sprint, decide the Sprint was better and you'll be offloading yet another bike in a few months.

Fleg

Bewbie
Just remember, I've never sold a bike for a loss. Almost always break even except one time I actually profited from it.

Fleg

Bewbie
I requested it moved to the proper forum. Why bitch and complain about donorcycle forum if not going to use it.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Just get another Triumph and STFU.

what is going to happen is you are going to get that pile of shit Yamaha, constantly compare it to the Sprint, decide the Sprint was better and you'll be offloading yet another bike in a few months.
The FJR has more power than any model Triumph, and is a better built bike back to front. The only reason to regret buying one over a trumpet is if you just really like fixing shit or making excuses.

Eric

Fall of the 3d Empire
Stick up for your boyfriends, tis the right thing to do. Maybe you can get caterpillar brows to get one of them half fairing girl bikes too :clapping:

XJMOPARMAN

Lincoln's other poster.
My FIL is on his third one of these. First one had almost 50K on it so he traded for an 06, kicked himself off of the 06 and busted the engine. Now he has an 08 and says the "air management system" works wonders, the older models were very hot to ride I guess.