• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Yamaha FJR

Fleg

Bewbie
My FIL is on his third one of these. First one had almost 50K on it so he traded for an 06, kicked himself off of the 06 and busted the engine. Now he has an 08 and says the "air management system" works wonders, the older models were very hot to ride I guess.
Supposedly they fixed that in 06.

Storydude

BWAHAHAHAHA at selling bikes to break even or for profit.

So, when you sell that BMW, you'll make the SAME amount you spent.

LIES.

Fleg

Bewbie
BWAHAHAHAHA at selling bikes to break even or for profit.

So, when you sell that BMW, you'll make the SAME amount you spent.

LIES.

I don't go into a motorcycle purchase trying to profit or even break even from it. I buy one because I like to ride. I'm a pretty good shopper and have always found really good deals. When it comes time to sell it later I almost always can get what I put into it back out.

As for the BMW, I'll loose exactly $100 on the bike itself over the year I've owned it.

Storydude

I don't go into a motorcycle purchase trying to profit or even break even from it. I buy one because I like to ride. I'm a pretty good shopper and have always found really good deals. When it comes time to sell it later I almost always can get what I put into it back out.

As for the BMW, I'll loose exactly $100 on the bike itself over the year I've owned it.
Bullshit.

Pure unadulterated Bullshit.

The SECOND you took that bike off the lot, it lost 1K. The SECOND you put tire to pavement, it lost another 1K.

BMW owners are not your typical Squids. Wait till you try and sell it and new owner wants:
Service records
Proof of BMW service
Warranty Card
Owners packet
and wants to know what Fuel and Lubricants you used.

Fleg

Bewbie
Bullshit.

Pure unadulterated Bullshit.

The SECOND you took that bike off the lot, it lost 1K. The SECOND you put tire to pavement, it lost another 1K.

BMW owners are not your typical Squids. Wait till you try and sell it and new owner wants:
Service records
Proof of BMW service
Warranty Card
Owners packet
and wants to know what Fuel and Lubricants you used.

More assumptions.
Never took it off a lot. Bought it used from a private seller.
BMW owners for the most part are just like Hardley owners. They just want to be on a BMW and don't care much about anything else. Warranty card?? Please....

Storydude

More assumptions.
Never took it off a lot. Bought it used from a private seller.
BMW owners for the most part are just like Hardley owners. They just want to be on a BMW and don't care much about anything else. Warranty card?? Please....
Nice to see you bought a BMW without a warranty.:thup2::tirehead:

So, because you have owned ONE BMW, you now are an authority on BMW owners?

I must forward your feelings on BMW ownership to my Uncle.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
yz -250 and a victory :thup2:
I'm surprised by the Victory. That's a cool bike, but I thought you were more of an ass-in-the-air trackday kind of guy than a laid-back cruiser type.

Bullitt

BANNED!
That is why we only compare our Hardleys to other Hardleys, otherwise we'd be upset to know that their are faster, better handling bikes with superior engineering. :D

Eric

Fall of the 3d Empire
I'm surprised by the Victory. That's a cool bike, but I thought you were more of an ass-in-the-air trackday kind of guy than a laid-back cruiser type.
Closest track is now 1.5 hours away. I am poor now can't afford it :/self: