• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Jeep guys...

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Anyone have any experience with pro comp TJ suspensions? I had a 4" pro comp suspension on my CJ but it was more like 6" and rode like there were no springs at all. Are the coils any different? Found this deal. Comes out to $350 and free shipping. What do y'all think?

Amazon.com Pro Comp K3055 206 Automotive

Probably wouldn't install them until I buy adjustable control arms though.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
All I ever used was OME on my earlier jeeps and my FJ and never had a complaint. Ride was usually better than stock.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I know OME is top notch but it's $1000 just for springs and shocks. By the time you add control arms you're banging on $2000.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Pro Crap...... will ride like crap.

This for your LJ?

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
That is not a lift kit. Sway bars not found.

Seriously, those "white rocket" generic shock that everybody sells will suck. Until they leak. Then then will be leaky, sucky shocks. They will suck, then they will fail.

Bilstein if you want a good ride.

2 in? As Bob pointed out, OME is quite nice.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Yeah it's for the LJ. I want to get rid of my budget boost. That's why I was looking at lift springs. I have a 1" BL on it already. I don't like the idea of cheaping out but $350 seemed like a deal. I don't do any major off roading but I do like to fart around in the mud occasionally and also dick around at my property. I guess I should just hold out until I have more disposable income to burn on the jeep. OME has always been at the top of my list anyway.

I wanted control arms because I figured they were better than the factory stamped arms.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
OME or BDS. I had BDS 2" springs and shocks on my TJ and it rode far better than stock. Every one else in high school had jeeps that I swear rode worse than a 550G-LGP dozer because of the rough country/pro comp lifts.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I had them on my '97 initially 4" plus fixed tubular control arms. That was before I knew better. It rode ****ing HORRIBLY. The "springs" might as well have just been iron bars.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
OME or BDS. I had BDS 2" springs and shocks on my TJ and it rode far better than stock. Every one else in high school had jeeps that I swear rode worse than a 550G-LGP dozer because of the rough country/pro comp lifts.
This. I'd throw Rubicon express in as well. If you can't afford the nicer suspension, leave it stock.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
RE used to be awesome back in like '02. Now they are owned by ProComp and are widely known to suck.
I knew that they sold out to the big conglomerate that also owns pro comp, but i didn't know they changed the springs. I've installed a few of their extreme duty YJ/CJ kits which are nice, but the standard duty springs were always pro comp.

Go OME or BDS then. They are considered the two best for leaf springs for off the shelf stuff.