• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Jeep guys...

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
What happened to the blazer with the sweet stereo?

:slapz: It's a Jimmy.

The AC is getting fixed right now. Should have it back in a few days. After that I need to figure out how to repair the hole in the dash so I can mount the stereo. Then I'll pull the carpet and raptor line the floors and install new carpet.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
wait, do you have three 4x4s you're dumping money into when you have a wife and multiple kids to support? :wtf:

Cornholio01

That's another reason I don't really want to get over 2.5" of lift.
I've lifted a few TJ's, owned and love LJ's but never wrenched on one. Never been up close on a Rubi either.

The one trick thing I dig for LJ's is a flat skid. Doesn't even need be an 'up' type either.

Has Schnervel chimed in here? LJ on 35's.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Only two. And the Jimmy is the only one I've spent any money on lately. And the wife and kids are great. Thanks for asking.
Cool. I'm glad you have purchased a home and have started funding their college tuition plans like a responsible parent :yeehaw:

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I've lifted a few TJ's, owned and love LJ's but never wrenched on one. Never been up close on a Rubi either.

The one trick thing I dig for LJ's is a flat skid. Doesn't even need be an 'up' type either.

Has Schnervel chimed in here? LJ on 35's.
I think Schnervel has the same Jeep Medic flat skid I have on mine, him or Bob had one. Mine was a month old when I put on a RE 3.5 lift and 35's. 10 years later it is still going strong.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Same here. Im parting mine out
My aunts grandson offered to buy the CJ from me for parts for his but is was an early CJ5. I told him they really didn't have much that could be swapped out without major work. I will probably end up parting it out or selling it too.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I'm fighting with the thought of selling my CJ. It's a sentimental thing even though there's almost nothing original left.

Some days the practical speaks loudly and I thnk I should just get rid of it so it's not taking up space at my mom's house. Others, I want to revive it and enjoy it with my son.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
I think Schnervel has the same Jeep Medic flat skid I have on mine, him or Bob had one. Mine was a month old when I put on a RE 3.5 lift and 35's. 10 years later it is still going strong.
I had the jeep medic on mine, that's why I went with the 1.25" BL to make room.

Best mod on my LJ though we're the Misch big boy seat brackets. Being able to stretch my legs out helped driver comfort a ton!