• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Cell Phone

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Time for a new work phone - I'm given the choice from any of Verizon's currently offered phones - tell me what to get.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
That's a loaded question. If you like iPhones, get a 6. If you like Droids, get an S5.
I have nothing against iPhones, my problem with the s5 is it is bigger than the iphone - I really like the size of my razr m at 4.3".

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Samsung Note 4 - don't be a pussy about size, bigger is better.

John

Transplant
VIP
I have nothing against iPhones, my problem with the s5 is it is bigger than the iphone - I really like the size of my razr m at 4.3".
The S5 is as large as I would go. I agree that it's big, but I was able to get used to that aspect of it. I only really liked it because of the battery life. There were a lot of things that I didn't like about it, but I was able to fix a lot of them.

I will personally be buying an iPhone 6, but to each their own.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Please explain.
iPhone processor (and other hardware) speed and OS features are now on par with earlier Galaxy devices. My Galaxy S4 that was released about 1.5 years ago is superior in every way hardware can be measured. It also has every software feature the iPhone 6 has and a handful that I assume the iPhone 8ish will have.

I don't think Apple is copying Samsung in any way. Apple is giving the customers what they want. Unfortunately they're taking a lot more time to do that than most of their competitors. Due to a huge budget and great marketing department they manage to convince their customers their ideas are new. The Apple watch isn't even available yet - Samsung is already on their third generation.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I am toying with the idea of buying a Lumia 1520 :sumo:
I try not to be a phone geek, but I REALLY like the Windows phones. I wish they could drum up the support that Apple and Android have. I would love to move to a Windows phone, especially now that Cortana is the personal assistant :rob:

The wife has a fairly simple Windows phone (HTC Radar.) If they had put their phone on the market before Apple everyone would be considering iPhones as the weird afterthought instead of the other way around.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I've always done Androids - time to try the iPhone 6. Next time I'll go Window's phone if they are still around.