• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

jeep issue

mcatdtJEEP

4.0 6 cylinder
3 speed auto
2000 jeep wrangler sport

I have trouble getting to, and maintaining speed above 60. When I get on the accelerator to downshift, it downshifts, but immediately upshots

I've heard catalytic converter.....

What's juot diagnosis

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
I think that's the 32RH trans? the old TF999? I don't do TJ auto's so not too familiar, only AW4 swaps in TJ's. did you check the fluid?

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
4.0 6 cylinder
3 speed auto
2000 jeep wrangler sport

I have trouble getting to, and maintaining speed above 60. When I get on the accelerator to downshift, it downshifts, but immediately upshots

What's juot diagnosis
Your Jeep has the herp. No known cure.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
4.0 6 cylinder
3 speed auto
2000 jeep wrangler sport

What's juot diagnosis
Can't get it up? this new marriage of yours will be a short one :jump:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
yer fawked

Start planning on buying a new tranny

RandyMolson

Close friend of Keyton
VIP
I have the same issue with my:
1.8L 3-cyl
5-sp manual
1995 YJ

What you do is floor it and get a load of steam down the hills, then keep it floored going up the other side. Come up real close behind cars to get max use of their draft. I can carve across PA averaging 70mph+. :lilbee:

wank

unknown entity
VIP
Drinking with a jeep mechanic tomorrow night i can check with him. (Not a normal part swapper , built and fixed off road rigs for yrs until his shop burned up and was forced to work a .corp job)

wank

unknown entity
VIP
Have cruze cont. brake switch issue. If loose would cause all issues i was informed of

wank

unknown entity
VIP
Ya i dont understand what i wrote either. Was told most likley the brake switch. Mentioned something about tapping you brakes an it downshifts but its a blur.