• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

jeep issue

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
My '95 5.2 without skids, towing, hooks...totally unladen w/30s is pretty spunky. Except the freaking Hayden severe-duty clutch fan (engine brake) dragging her down.

The other '95 ZJ, the 5.9 swap, was a beast when it was like that. Had exhaust and efan too. Now that it has hundreds of lbs of weight added and bigger tires, it's a real slug.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
Profit?
I just had both axles rebuilt. Rear with Detroit Locker and front with Truetrac. And 4.56. I'll see how long it takes to snap a D35 axleshaft.:owned:

mcatdtJEEP

sometimes it drives fine, sometimes, it drives bad. I haven't had time to look at it until maybe this weekend.

I have a pretty good guy I'm gonna have to get to look at it I guess.

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
yep :jump:
Expedition style abuse, not too bad.
Drove for 120,000 miles on my last D35, but it had a Truetrac and Yukon shafts. Hoping the G2 chromoly shafts hold w/31s or 32s.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I've never broken a shaft in my non c-clip Dana 35 in the stock yj, but have blown out the spider gears. I've got an explorer 8.8 to install just never the time or motivation to do it

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
My offroad adventures have been getting milder and milder with age. I thought about an 8.8 swap, too much hassle right now and my buggy would be down for awhile during the best time of the year. If I start snapping axles, I'll just go back to a Truetrac in the rear probably.

mcadtjeep...you can have the cat tested, they drill a small hole after the cat and use a meter...takes all of 5 minutes

Sean Mallory

Legend in my own mind
I used to run 36 X 13.5 Irok Bias ply on 10" wide steelies on my Super 35 with Detroit.
Gives me hope. Although my G2s are 27-spline and 35% stronger than stock, the 30-spline is only 10% stronger than the 27-spline.

So the internet tells me. :shrug:

wank

unknown entity
VIP
busted my d35 twice, once stock once with a warn kit in it, 3.73,. spiders once, r&p once, put 8.8 in it w/elocker no issues, 4.56,only 33"s and mostly stock 4.0

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Sean's 360 ZJ is not a NINER. Neither are the ones you built back in 1972.

:nono:
ZJ with a 360 is a "niner".

And we coined the term with those first ones. The 5.2 were "deuce" and the 5.9 were "niner". I'll have to dig up the pics of the stickers we had made for them as part of their graphics packages. Iaccoca loved the term. Had he still been there when the 5.9 was officially released it would have probably had a "niner" badge on it.