• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Cat Needed

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Jeep is throwing P0431 and the exhaust stinks. Looks like I need a new catalytic converter. Anyone replaced theirs before? I can't weld, so I'm thinking either I buy the entire replacement system and attempt myself or take to a shop for cat only replacement.

Looks like the whole system is $699 2005 JEEP WRANGLER MagnaFlow Direct Fit Catalytic Converters 93649 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Or the cat only is $205 2005 JEEP WRANGLER Flowmaster Direct Fit Catalytic Converters 2040004 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Shop might be the way to go given the long-arm...

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
Cut off, use some nice band clamps to put on a catco high flow cat and magnaflow or walker muffler with walker tailpipe. Done it on many XJ's and the total cost comes in less than $200.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Just take it to a shop. One of the times it's worth it. They'll swap one in for damn near what you'd pay for just the cat.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Take it shop and have custom exhaust installed while there.

CAN YOU SAY STACKS?!?!??!!??!

:fmp:

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Bob, how many miles are on your LJ?
I *think* just under 75,000, but it's not possible to know exactly, since I never changed the computer setting after changing the tires, so the spedo always runs about 10% low. Was funny when the ex-gf thought she was going 75 and the cop pulled her over for 83 :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I *think* just under 75,000, but it's not possible to know exactly, since I never changed the computer setting after changing the tires, so the spedo always runs about 10% low. Was funny when the ex-gf thought she was going 75 and the cop pulled her over for 83 :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
:beerchug: **** ya! Ours has quiet a few more. :rotflmao:

We put at least 70miles/day when we carpool and about 50miles when K works from home.

Had to get the TJ's tranny rebuilt a few months back. :party::wtf:

BUT the ZJ's miles aren't increasing. lol

That is funny about your ex.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
:beerchug: **** ya! Ours has quiet a few more. :rotflmao:

We put at least 70miles/day when we carpool and about 50miles when K works from home.

Had to get the TJ's tranny rebuilt a few months back. :party::wtf:

BUT the ZJ's miles aren't increasing. lol

That is funny about your ex.

I probably put less that 3,000 miles a year now on the Jeep. Probably much closer to 2,000 actually.