• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Official September 11 Thread - Lego Edition

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
This year I submit my Lego Twin Towers tribute - for their Architecture line, but a relatively large scale for Architecture. An 18x18 stud base and it is about 35 bricks to the roof of each tower.

Obviously I had to take some liberties with the design on such a small scale... there are some really excellent huge Lego Twin Tower designs out there but they use thousands and thousands of bricks. This is a manageable 875, the majority being the 2x1 bricks with the vertical texture making up the sides of the towers.

The roof of each tower is 34 bricks above the base, that is just under 13 inches- the main antenna is another 12 bricks or 4.5 inches.

I've also included a representation of 3 World Trade Center and "The Sphere" by German sculptor Fritz Koenig that was in the plaza.

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
How close were you to working in the towers? Seems like you, more than most here, would have been the most likely to be working there.
Nope. Until 3 years ago, I refused to set foot in this shithole of a city. Not even for a night out with guaranteed pussy at the end.

I actually quit a job in '05 with nothing else to fall back on just because they moved my office into NYC and I would not go.

And currently, I am only here because my wife and kids depend on me to pay the mortgage and put food on the table, but I am doing everything I possibly can to get out ASAP. Seriously, I am even applying to jobs with a 50% pay cut just to get away from these miserable POS NY'ers. You guys ****ing suck and I hope the camel****ing dirtbag ragheads take you all out.

Last edited:

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
You understand with NYC your job would not exist?
Absolutely untrue. Most of the infrastructure and operations are on the NJ side. It's just the scumbag salesman and bankers that inhabit the city.

You realize where the data centers and matching engines for all the exchanges are? Mahwah, Weehawken, Secaucus, Jersey City, and Carteret.

How many of those are in NYC? 0.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
None of those places would exist though if NYC wasn't a few miles away- they all revolve around NYC. If NYC really was nuked you'd be laid off in weeks.

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
None of those places would exist though if NYC wasn't a few miles away- they all revolve around NYC. If NYC really was nuked you'd be laid off in weeks.
You really know nothing about financial services, do you?

If NYC was nuked I would be considered 5 times more valuable.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
WHEN I EVENTUALLY MAKE A TRIP TO NYC, WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE FOR ME TO TAKE A DUMP?
They don't have public restrooms in the city. You have to knock on people's doors and beg/pay for the privilege of crapping.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Built most of it IRL... Still waiting on some pieces- had to use photoshop to turn some white pieces gray... others are wrong pieces altogether.