• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Official September 11 Thread - Lego Edition

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
While building this set with real bricks it became apparent that building the 4 walls 6 bricks high and then trying to cap them with a 6x6 plate was harder than I expected- since none of the bricks overlap like they would in a traditional LEGO build it was hard to line them all up.

I found it was much easier to build them 3 bricks up from the bottom, and then 3 bricks down from the plate going on top- the pieces met much easier and were a lot faster and less frustrating then trying to get the whole plate across the top.

Further, although the initial design is sturdy enough to sit on a shelf I found while trying to remove/move the completed towers that applying pressure in the wrong places could break the walls. I strongly suggest using 1x4 bricks to reinforce the structure, as designed beflow will make the towers far stronger than relying just on the exterior walls.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Sweet.

I think i'm going to load it on the kid's computers. Will take them a bit to master it, but I think they'll enjoy it.

Can you get files with stuff already in them to play with?