LAST EXIT ON THE INTERNET

JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic > Off Topic (OT) > Off Topic (Public)

Notices

Off Topic (Public) Any thread don't mind being public (visible to guests and indexed by search engines) should be posted here. Be nice, these are posts people will see before they decide to join.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 2065 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting.

Old Fri 04/25/2014, 10:49 AM #141
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

miwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Mallory View Post
It likely is an adventure trying to pilot a bloated pig that weighs close to 500 lbs with fluids and accessories.
Never owned one, I know several people that do and are pretty happy with them. What would you suggest for running highways and doing well on a dirt road?
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 10:53 AM #142
pirranah
pierced dingaling

pirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angel

Old Fri 04/25/2014, 10:53 AM #143
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

miwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst menmiwico is a god amongst men

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirranah View Post

What is it?
miwico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 10:54 AM #144
pirranah
pierced dingaling

pirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angel

Dakar rally bike
pirranah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 10:56 AM #145
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

They should be selling this fawker here too. http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com....0+Terra&cid=43

Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:05 AM #146
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

Quote:

Did I read it right? 33 THOUSAND dollars?
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:14 AM #147
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!

Quote:

RAWK, but not for someone over 60. My KTM is a pain in the ass. You have to change the oil ALL the time (it only holds one quart,) you can't sit still for more than about 30 seconds without the risk of overheating it, the headlight is about as bright as a zippo, and you can't touch the ground unless you're 6'8". Plus it has enough power to roll over backwards at will. It's ****ing awesome But not such a great idea for an older gentleman.
BrandonM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:17 AM #148
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!BrandonM7 is spectacular!

BTW, the beast that makes my pants tight is back in the US market with a fresh redesign. It has all the power now. Like, all of it.

KTM 1290 Super DukeR ABS 2014 - Highlights
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:20 AM #149
Sean Mallory
Legend in my own mind

Sean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwico View Post
Never owned one, I know several people that do and are pretty happy with them. What would you suggest for running highways and doing well on a dirt road?
Always been a Honda guy, but the KTMs look sweet.

If you want to do it right, regear. Carry a high and low front gear and a chain for each. Then you have a spare chain too.

Or you could save weight and fiddle around shortening and lengthening a single chain.

Last edited by Sean Mallory; Fri 04/25/2014 at 11:23 AM.
Sean Mallory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:34 AM #150
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

Quote:
Always been a Honda guy, but the KTMs look sweet.

If you want to do it right, regear. Carry a high and low front gear and a chain for each. Then you have a spare chain too.

Or you could save weight and fiddle around shortening and lengthening a single chain.
I've always maintained that Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha are all equally great companies. I tend to favor Yamaha for no particular reason other than I've had great luck with their products. I know the others are great too once again. I've a bit reluctant to buy a Euro bike. I just think that they are probably quirky and prone to failure or heavy maintenance. I'm hoping that the adventure segment keeps growing so we can get some cool shit that everyone else seems to have but us. A great example is the Yamaha XT660.
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:40 AM #151
Sean Mallory
Legend in my own mind

Sean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to beholdSean Mallory is a splendid one to behold

My old 84 XL600R is still a viable adventure bike. And well under 350 lbs. I haven't ridden it in a couple years. I keep the thing just to look at. I will likely be buried with it.
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:43 AM #152
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

Quote:
My old 84 XL600R is still a viable adventure bike. And well under 350 lbs. I haven't ridden it in a couple years. I keep the thing just to look at. I will likely be buried with it.
Ah, those are fawking great bikes. I would roll that.
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:47 AM #153
Sean Mallory
Legend in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwico View Post
Ah, those are fawking great bikes. I would roll that.
I'll get some pics this weekend. The lowend torque is nuts. It's got asynchronous dual carbs. My buddy had one and when he was climbing a hill slowly I could see the rear tire spin according the exhaust pulses. He was getting about 1/2 turn of the rear wheel for every ignition firing.
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 11:51 AM #154
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

Quote:
I'll get some pics this weekend. The lowend torque is nuts. It's got asynchronous dual carbs. My buddy had one and when he was climbing a hill slowly I could see the rear tire spin according the exhaust pulses. He was getting about 1/2 turn of the rear wheel for every ignition firing.
That's what I love about my KTM. It has a great power to weight ratio, but what makes it really awesome is that it's the only bike I've ever had that seems to just always have power. I think you could bog it down to eight rpm and it would feel like it has as much power as it has at 8000. It's a frigging wheelie monster because of it, though, so not for dad. He's scared to death of a bike rolling over on him.
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 12:21 PM #155
pirranah
pierced dingaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonM7 View Post
BTW, the beast that makes my pants tight is back in the US market with a fresh redesign. It has all the power now. Like, all of it.

KTM 1290 Super DukeR ABS 2014 - Highlights
400lbs, 180hp thumper. I always liked the Super Duke
pirranah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 12:23 PM #156
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

Quote:
The old one had about 130 I think. This thing has to be ridiculous. The throttle is pretty much just a height control for the front wheel.
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 12:25 PM #157
Sean Mallory
Legend in my own mind

Quote:
jeebus
but its a twin, thumper = 1 cyl
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 08:17 PM #158
John
Transplant

John has disabled reputation

MIWICO NEEDS TO BUY A MERICAN BIKE DAMMIT.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 08:49 PM #159
Brock
The 'In' Crowd

Brock has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
MIWICO NEEDS TO BUY A MERICAN BIKE DAMMIT.
Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.
George Orwell, 1984

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 04/25/2014, 09:47 PM #160
whiskey tango
warmonger

whiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angelwhiskey tango is an angel

FTW!

Don't lose your dinosaur.

Jeremiah 51:20

Last edited by whiskey tango; Fri 04/25/2014 at 09:50 PM.
whiskey tango is offline   Reply With Quote