• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

motorcycle shopping

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
:jump: Sure, I'll go cruising on it. Does it have the 85mph speedo, the 700 was a result of the tariff too.
LOL, I don't even remember what the speedo goes to. It goes okay - far from what I'd call fast, but at the same time probably faster than what a lot of people call scary fast :shrug:

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
LOL, I don't even remember what the speedo goes to. It goes okay - far from what I'd call fast, but at the same time probably faster than what a lot of people call scary fast :shrug:
If I were closer I'd probably buy it from ya. They were pretty solid bikes. Bro had a v45magna. Wasn't a slow bike.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Puting new chain, sprockets, tires on today.

Suspended from the ceiling.
jjj

Last edited:

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I have the front wheel on it. The rim has a slight bend, need to take that in and get it straightened. Also forgot that the chain needs a breaker to remove and install. Going to harbor freight, they have that tool. Going to be interesting with the new gearing, may have to do this all over again if it's too far out.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Down one tooth in the front.
I changed mine from 14/48 to 13/52 when on knobbies - I didn't need a dirt bike that could do 100mph, I needed one that could use more than just first gear on trails.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I changed mine from 14/48 to 13/52 when on knobbies - I didn't need a dirt bike that could do 100mph, I needed one that could use more than just first gear on trails.
That's where I'm coming from, I have to maintain a balance, won't go less than 14 in the front so after this I may have to change the rear. I have a feeling this will make just enough difference. Sprockets are cheap. I have to pick up a chain tool today. I'm getting commited...starting to consider another bike. :jump:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
That's where I'm coming from, I have to maintain a balance, won't go less than 14 in the front so after this I may have to change the rear. I have a feeling this will make just enough difference. Sprockets are cheap. I have to pick up a chain tool today. I'm getting commited...starting to consider another bike. :jump:
You want a Z1000? :mrwave:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Probably an old FZ is more my speed. I like the 80's bikes. :jump:
Fuel injection, modern suspension and tires...you might love it...a little bit of pep if you're feeling rowdy. I plan to sell it to get my Road Glide, although I may get the glide first.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Fuel injection, modern suspension and tires...you might love it...a little bit of pep if you're feeling rowdy. I plan to sell it to get my Road Glide, although I may get the glide first.
I would love a modern bike. Just need something in the Adventure category or Sport Touring.