• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

1992 Geo Metro 145k miles

OH DAMN! He is REALLY trying to bank in on the gas price issue.
Guy at my landlord's garage has been bitching regularly about the resurrected econo trash cans people are wanting to drive. A few original Beetles, one of which he completely rewired (bitching the whole time). Real POS car too.

a guy I used to work with had one of the convertable Metros. Yellow, he put $1000 a piece spoke rims 13x12's with something like a 1" offset or something retarted like that.

A couple years ago I was following Metros on CL just for chits and giggles. I could have bought several for under $200 each, just needing stuff like an alternator or brake pads.

Guy I know very nearly took one for free, but I guess the suspension mounts are just tabs bent out of the unibody, and they had rusted off.

Same thing with diesel Mercedeses... 240Ds in decent shape are about double today what they were just a year or two ago. $3,000 is the minimum price to get you a runner that can be driven daily... nice ones are close to $10,000.

Taz [JU]

Archived
Guy I know very nearly took one for free, but I guess the suspension mounts are just tabs bent out of the unibody, and they had rusted off.
late 90's early '00 Caravan front strut towers rust out frequently up here. I've seen quite a few that were nearly mush and the strut popping through. Body shops plasma cut the old out and burn in new units.

A guy I know used to have Mazda B-series pickup with the rear left spring sticking through the bed. Drove it that way for a few years.

The plus side of this whole gas crises business is that some neat cars will be sold by folks overreacting. I still have my eye out for a 93-96 9C1.

Hubjeep [JU]

Archived

Diesel Benz FTW!!!!!!!

Plus I got the thing for $2,500 nearly 3 years and 52K miles ago, could prob sell for $2,500+ on ebay tomorrow. :yup:

:jump:

I had a Metro this last winter to get me through till spring when my Harley came in... Actually not a bad car but didn't return near the milage that some claim. Bought it for $500 in October and sold it March for $1800 after an Engine rebuild. Best I ever got with it was 29 MPG.

For your entertainment, a pic of the engine in the kitchen during the rebuild.