• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

1992 Geo Metro 145k miles

HDC [JU]

Archived
Rich, how did that thing handle when it caught a good crossdraft? Did it get squirelly at highway speeds at all? I saw one of those teeny Toyota Yaris things get really loose on the highway at 70 when it hit a bridge seam. Twas a scary sight. Never seen a Geo do that.

Rich, how did that thing handle when it caught a good crossdraft? Did it get squirelly at highway speeds at all? I saw one of those teeny Toyota Yaris things get really loose on the highway at 70 when it hit a bridge seam. Twas a scary sight. Never seen a Geo do that.
It never flinched on the highway. I used to drive it back and forth on the open road all the time and the crosswinds never phased it one bit. I loaned the little car to people often and people were shocked as to how fun and how well the little car did on the road considering it's size and lack of bells and whistles. Really was a good little inexpensive car, though I am sure the ones that are still on the road are showing their age.

Atl XJ [JU]

Archived
Marcia's car gets 36 mpg hwy. Too bad a hate driving that little car so much...

It drives fine, its just too small and too close to the ground. Could use some more power too...

So we drive the gas hog Silverado everywhere. :hah:

Taz [JU]

Archived
Marcia's car gets 36 mpg hwy. Too bad a hate driving that little car so much...

It drives fine, its just too small and too close to the ground. Could use some more power too...

So we drive the gas hog Silverado everywhere. :hah:
funny....i think the SAME THING about s.o.'s saturn. Too low to the ground, and lacks power b/c of SOHC 1.9 & auto. we drive the more comfortable XJ around....that gets half the mileage.

when XJ was down for a month I hated riding in her car everywhere, it was either that or take the F150. I was still sick yet, didn't have much ambition and it was around 0* for most of the time. Plus....I didn't have to drive.

HDC [JU]

Archived
I dislike driving sedans because it always feels like my ass is bumping the ground. Plus, I'm 5'10" and I'm constantly hitting my head getting in and out. Getting in and out of cars where the seat is the same height as mine is much preferred.

He says it like 5'10" is actually tall.

I like driving my acura. It's lower to the ground then all of your cars (probably). But, it is a 6 speed and has a decent amount of power, so it's fun to drive, which may be part of it. I'm 6ft, and I've never bumped my head getting in or out.

Only thing I don't like about it is, the rednecks with their jacked up trucks can't see it real easily and tend to try to run it over, accidentally, I'm assuming.

He says it like 5'10" is actually tall.

I like driving my acura. It's lower to the ground then all of your cars (probably). But, it is a 6 speed and has a decent amount of power, so it's fun to drive, which may be part of it. I'm 6ft, and I've never bumped my head getting in or out.

Only thing I don't like about it is, the rednecks with their jacked up trucks can't see it real easily and tend to try to run it over, accidentally, I'm assuming.
for a woman, 5'10" is actually pretty tall :idmo:

Yaris is a good car, until you hit a deer and/or meet up with a Dodge Passenger Ram Van

It never flinched on the highway. I used to drive it back and forth on the open road all the time and the crosswinds never phased it one bit.
My friend had a Metro and it sucked at keeping speed on the highway. We lived in mountainous terrain though. Other than that, it was like driving around in a little tin box. Crosswinds didn't do much, but a head wind slowed it down.