• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Attn Rich, unless it is what you are using for your book, and don't want to tell...

Jif [JU]

Archived
I'm not sure if it is a true story or not, just sounds too much like a ghost story for a campfire. But here goes. My cousin in Illinois was given a board and would play with it and a freind. They asked if they could contact someone, and they did. They would ask questions and talk to this spirit when they played with the board. One night when they were playing with the board the freind sat up ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife and attacked my cousin. They fought and the knife was knocked away. Then the freind was fine. They decided to burn the board. They burned it in a big fire, but the next morning it was on top of the ashes with little damage. I think he said they ended up burying it.

99XJ [JU]

Archived
xjinaz said:
another time they were gone from the house and it caught fire. how it caught fire: a mirror in the upstairs hallway somehow became convexed to focus the sunlight from a window on the family picture across the hall from the mirror. no sh!t.
How did they determine this to be the cause of the fire?

xjinaz said:
i don't know your entire story but it seems pretty similar to a friend of mine from highschool. you didn't grow up in rock island, IL did you by chance?
Nope, grew up in Kansass.

his family was big into ceremonies and ouijii boards. their house ended up becoming possesed. here's a couple accounts of what happened according to him:
Nope, mother and father were both baptized but never took me to church.

one time he was sitting on the toilet directly above the table they gathered around in the basement (it was a creepy set up in the basement imho). a "spirit" or maybe he referred to it as a "vapor" i can't remember, came up through the floor in front of him and consumed him somehow. he said he felt paralized for some time, i can't remember how long. maybe a minute or so. then it left and continued straght up through the ceiling.
I have seen what appeared to be a glowing fog, but never knew exactly what I was looking at, kind of like a mass of energy.

another time they were gone from the house and it caught fire. how it caught fire: a mirror in the upstairs hallway somehow became convexed to focus the sunlight from a window on the family picture across the hall from the mirror. no sh!t.

any of that sound like what you've come to know?
No fires yet, knock on wood.

99XJ said:
How did they determine this to be the cause of the fire?
not sure - by this point he was getting to be just too wierd to hang out with, becoming really anti social and all. supposedly tho, if i remember his story correctly, the fire damage was pretty limited to just that wall of pictures and didn't spread unlike most would w/o being extinguished somehow.

one of his other stories involved the trampoline they had in the back yard. he was on it by himself one day and while in mid air he was supposedly pushed by something, off to the side of the trampoline and landed in the yard breaking his wrist or ankle - i don't remember which.

i saw him at a friends wedding a couple years ago - he was there by himself, was wierd to talk to still and didn't socialize much.

99XJ said:
Can we get the first installment tonight? I'm chomping at the bit for more.
I have to leave in a little while and won't be back until late evening. I will try to start the story of living in the house and see what happens. :beerchug:

i just remembered a couple other tidbits from that guy,

supposedly his little sister was possessed and exorcised.

supposedly he was possessed once for a very short period that did not require exorcism.

and here i thought i was intriguing just because i could make it look like a pencil was bending just by shaking it back n forth in my fingers.

Hedley Lamarr said:
I think the stories most of you are interested in will be discussed on here for free, my book will be mostly light hearted fun. We all know that wouldn't appeal to most on here. :D
I want to buy a signed copy of that book when it's finished. :agree:

99XJ said:

You got it, though you won't like the light hearted story I have planned.

On a side not, here is the beginning of JU story time. :yup: This is just some quick ramblings, but if people are interested in these ramblings, I will continue to sit and write every now and again.

The House.

It was the summer of 1981. My parents were both wanting to buy their first home and get out of the city, so they started looking at homes in the country. They found a home outside a small farming community in south central Kansas. The house was inexpensive, it had sat empty for many years. The previous owner lived across the field, nearly a mile by road. He had purchased the home in hopes of fixing it up and living in it, but his new bride had no desire to live in such a home, she was interested in nothing but new.

The house, we would later find out, was completed in 1882. It stood on the original homestead of the Ephriam James family. A small one story shanty stood on the property, the family living in the basement for the most part. The basement would become the footprint for the future place they would call home. The house was a 2 story home, a common T shaped farmhouse, very common in the Midwest. It had gingerbread in the eaves and what made it stand out most to my parents, was that it had a very ornate walnut staircase, something you never see in Midwest farm homes. It had belonged to the same family for the last 80 years until the previous owner bought it at auction.

When we pulled up into the driveway, the home had that vacant property look. The grass was knee high, many of the windows were covered and there were bars on the windows to keep kids from breaking in. You could tell it was once a proud home, but now stood as only a shadow of itself. I had already had a history of seeing and feeling things that others couldn’t and my senses were about to get their first taste of the place I would be calling home for the next decade.

It was a warm spring day when we first set eyes on the home. The realtor met us there, he was a nice man, the town’s only realtor/auctioneer. He greeted us warmly and proceeded to show us the home. The one thing I remember about the home was that it was very cold inside. Outside the temperature was nearly 85, inside I would said it was in the 50's. The home had the smell of a place that had sat empty for sometime. As we walked through the house, it just felt wrong. I was just a kid and had some experiences with spirits in the past, but nothing that would help me with what I would be dealing with.

My mother and I walked upstairs as my father and the realtor went out and walked the land. I was overcome by the feeling that someone didn’t want us there, so I started to express my concerns to my mother. She was in love with the home from the first site and didn’t want to hear anything negative. The movie The Amityville Horror had recently been advertised and the theme song was stuck in my mind. I started to sing the theme song to it, my mother became instantly frantic. She knew that I was seeing things, but refused to think about it, knowing that she really loved the charm of the home and wanted to make it ours. After my parents left the home, they decided it was what they were looking for and decided to go ahead with plans to purchase. Thirty days quickly went by and the home was theirs. I was excited, it would be fun to live in the country, to have room to play and explore.

The first day at the new house

The first day at the new house was one of excitement and exploration. My father had his friend over to help do some work on the home before we moved in. My father’s friend brought his son Dave, I had grown up riding motorcycles with him and we both were rough and tumble kids. Dave and I checked out the property and ended up in what would become my first bedroom there. It was upstairs and you could see for what seemed like miles. Living in a one story home in the city, I never saw much more than forty feet outside my window, now my nearest neighbor was a mile away. We were up in my room playing with some toy cars and the door slammed shut. The home had a transom above every door for circulation, the room didn’t become hot and we didn’t bother opening the door. Dave’s and my father, decided to go to town to get something and yelled up if we would like to go, we yelled back that we would just stay and play. They left and a few moments later, we decided to go outside. I went to the door to open it and the knob fell off in my hand. There was no way out and we were in the home alone. The room seemed to become warmer as we were in there, most likely from nerves kicking in from being trapped and alone. We had decided to try to climb out the transom, but it was just too tall for us to reach. We sat there yelling until our fathers arrived. They ran upstairs and let us out of the room. We all had a good laugh and off we went to explore. The first day in that room started off bad, I just never knew how much worse it could become.

There were three bedrooms upstairs, the home was shaped like a T. The bedroom on the South was to be my parent’s bedroom, it was the bottom of the T. My room was to be the East bedroom and the West room was to be storage. The South and East bedroom both had a light fixture and electrical outlets. They had been redecorated in the 1950's and had most likely always been used as bedrooms. The West room was different. It was painted a dark red almost purple, ceiling and floor. It had no light fixture, it had no electrical outlets and it had a small latch lock on the door to lock it from the outside. It was clear it had not been used as a bedroom for quite sometime. I liked the East room, it had the best view. You could see barns in the distance and great views of the moon at night.

The first couple of months were used getting the house clean and meeting the locals. The nearby farmer that my parents had purchased the home from stopped by frequently to check the progress. He had really liked the home, but his wife wanted new. He had visions of fixing up the home and was interested to learn my parents had the same vision. He was a nice man who’s family was the largest farming family in a three county region. He had purchased the home and the 360 acres it sat on. He told my parents, who were avid antique hunters that the home was just full of antiques when he bought it but they meant nothing to him, so he dug a huge hole out back of the home and filled it with all of the belongings of the home. As years went by, things he buried would work their way back up to the surface and I would retrieve them.

He explained the house had sat empty the last 3 years, none of the locals were interested in the home, he never said why. My first real experience that something truly wasn’t right with the home was during the second month. I had been asleep when I woke up to the feeling that I was covered with bugs. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light, there was nothing. I shut off the light and fell back to sleep. Within an hour, I woke up again to the feelings of bugs all over me. I jumped out of bed and the floor was gone. I felt as though I was falling and grabbed the side of the bed for dear life. I was screaming and my parents came running in and turned on the lights. The floor instantly felt under foot again and I spent the rest of the night in their room.

I went back to my room the following night and that is when I started to notice the lights. Over the period of the next year, I would often see lights in the room across the staircase from mine, the West room. This is the room that was painted all red, never had electricity in it and was locked from the outside. At night, I would watch as lights seemed to dance around in the room. I could see the lights through the transom above it’s door and through the hole of the skeleton key. It looked as though someone were playing with flashlights in there, but with blinds pulled and my parents in bed, I knew it couldn’t be the flashlights. I would tell me parents about the lights and they would just tell me it must have been a passing car. A passing car in the country? Blinds pulled and lights showing from all directions? It wasn’t a passing car and even at the age of 11, I knew better.

As time went on, the light show increased. In the evenings, I found myself watching the lights as they bounced around in that room. Up and down the walls and across the ceiling. I was afraid, but there was nothing I could do. I just had to sit and watch or do what I learned to do many times, cover my head with my blanket and hope for the best. The house had no upstairs air conditioning or heating, it was built in the 1800's and it just didn’t exist back then. My parents had picked the South room and it was very hot in there that summer. The sun would beat down on the South side of the home all day and really get their room too warm to get comfortable. They decided they wanted my room because it was cool and in order to get my room, they said they would fix up the West room anyway I liked if I would let them have the East room. I was scared to death of the West room, it rarely was unlocked and I had spent more than a year watching lights bounce around in there. You can only imagine what I told them. You have yourselves a deal.

The Room

99XJ said:
Good thing you have electricity in there. :yup: I am going to have to go over to my mother's sometime and get pictures to scan of the house.

Remember that cat I was talking about earlier, it showed up as I was about to mow. It kept running up and trying to bite me so I told me wife to keep the kid away from it. While I was mowing, it ran up to my kid and clawed the hell out of his leg. We cleaned the scratch and now he hates the cat, here it is.

99XJ [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
Good thing you have electricity in there.
I actually like the color suprisingly. A told me she was going to paint it red, and boy, did she ever.

Remember that cat I was talking about earlier, it showed up as I was about to mow. It kept running up and trying to bite me so I told me wife to keep the kid away from it. While I was mowing, it ran up to my kid and clawed the hell out of his leg. We cleaned the scratch and now he hates the cat, here it is.
Looks like my old cat. Seriously though, cats don't run up to people and attack them. EVER. I've tried to catch some of the strays here, and I can't get within 15 feet of them without them taking off. That's fawked up.

99XJ said:
I actually like the color suprisingly. A told me she was going to paint it red, and boy, did she ever.

Looks like my old cat. Seriously though, cats don't run up to people and attack them. EVER. I've tried to catch some of the strays here, and I can't get within 15 feet of them without them taking off. That's fawked up.
My neighbors are cat lovers, in their 70's and take strays and find them homes. They came over after the cat had attacked the boy to check it out. The cat was a perfect little angel to them, they really liked it. They said the cat appeared to be very healthy and in good condition. It didn't even try to attack them, it hissed and tried to bite me and attacked the boy just minutes earlier. I have had cats growing up and I too have never been charged by a cat. It is a good looking cat, just creepy. The wife would like to kill it after what it did to my son's leg.

BTW, I do like the color of the room. :beerchug:

99XJ [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
BTW, I do like the color of the room. :beerchug:
Thanks, while I do like the contrast of the white door frame on it, I think I'm taking those down to bare wood and staining them. If I don't like the looks, I can always repaint them.