• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Attn Rich, unless it is what you are using for your book, and don't want to tell...

Hedley Lamarr said:
I have always just really liked old cemetaries, never really knew why. They are more peaceful than any park I could ever hope to find.
I have sat around for a while late at night in the old Silver Cliff cemeraty up in CO to see the mysterious dancing lights they have there, but we didn't ever see anything. But, as you said, it was a very quiet and peaceful place.

********** said:
When i was 11 I was probably smarter than I am now... I was fixing broken things all day long... if a door knob came off I would have picked it up, looked at what it was supposed to do, and either fixed it or found some other way of turning the mechanism.

Today if I couldn't open it with my knife I'd probably just kick it down, but then, then I cared about things.

Not much I could do. I was upstairs, so crawling out the window was out of the question, the transom was much too tall to reach and the shaft of the knob assembly fell out the other side of the door, I just had the knob end on my side. Looking back, the only thing I could have done was to remove the hinge pins, but they were most likely set in place from years of not being removed.

Hedley Lamarr said:
Not much I could do. I was upstairs, so crawling out the window was out of the question, the transom was much too tall to reach and the shaft of the knob assembly fell out the other side of the door, I just had the knob end on my side. Looking back, the only thing I could have done was to remove the hinge pins, but they were most likely set in place from years of not being removed.

You could have stuck something in the door and tried to turn/pull the mechanism in there.. Even if with your fingers.

Hedley Lamarr said:
Well, this morning my wife went out with the dog to keep them apart. The cat was out on the back deck. Everything was fine until she went to leave, the cat started to freak and bit her. Got me to thinking, perhaps the cat is lonely or hungry. I went and got the cat some food from a neighbor and ate it like it hadn't eaten in days. I am thinking the cat is acting so strange because it was very hungry and used to be a house cat and wants in.
Feeding a squido will win them over every time. :agree:

********** said:
You could have stuck something in the door and tried to turn/pull the mechanism in there.. Even if with your fingers.
We tried, 100 year old doors weren't all that user friendly. I was locked in the room, I didn't have tools, only Hotwheels. Hotwheels don't fit in a 1/4" square hole.

Vamkie [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
We tried, 100 year old doors weren't all that user friendly. I was locked in the room, I didn't have tools, only Hotwheels. Hotwheels don't fit in a 1/4" square hole.
that is exactly why I always carry my Leatherman Tool. So next time I am playing in an upstairs room of a 100 year old farm house and the knob falls off, I will be able to get out.

Of course the story would not have been as good if you just opened the door and went outside

Vamkie said:
that is exactly why I always carry my Leatherman Tool. So next time I am playing in an upstairs room of a 100 year old farm house and the knob falls off, I will be able to get out.

Of course the story would not have been as good if you just opened the door and went outside

:D :D :D

Hedley Lamarr said:
20/15. How come?
same vision as mine was (up to 20/20 now). Just wondering if there is a corrilation between vision and being able to see things like this. I don't normally see things I would consider paranormal, but "feel" it from time to time

themuttt said:
same vision as mine was (up to 20/20 now). Just wondering if there is a corrilation between vision and being able to see things like this. I don't normally see things I would consider paranormal, but "feel" it from time to time

Ah, never thought about that. Thing is, I have no idea why it happens, but luckily I can somewhat control it now.

Vamkie [JU]

Archived
themuttt said:
I think there are bigger things to worry about rather than vision

Vamkie [JU]

Archived
Hedley Lamarr said:
I don't deny I could very well be insane, but I am a nice guy and like to share with others. :agree:
I wasnt referring to you, I dont doubt the exsistence of spirits. I was reffring to your ability to "experience" them and the responsibilty/interactions.

I have not concentrated on this topic enough to truly understand it, so all I have to go off of is what I understand the Bible to say. There are spirits, some are eveil some are holy, some are lost. ALL have to submit to the authority of God and the Holy Spirit. and when a person accepts Jesus they then have authority over those spirits also.

Why you experience them is unknown at least to me, just like some people can hear Gods voice and other cant.

Vamkie said:
I wasnt referring to you, I dont doubt the exsistence of spirits. I was reffring to your ability to "experience" them and the responsibilty/interactions.
I think most people would doubt it actually. I have never been insulted when people that say they don't believe me, it is a lot to take in. :yup: I really think it is just one of those things you accept or your don't, there is really no convincing people about it.

I have not concentrated on this topic enough to truly understand it, so all I have to go off of is what I understand the Bible to say. There are spirits, some are eveil some are holy, some are lost. ALL have to submit to the authority of God and the Holy Spirit. and when a person accepts Jesus they then have authority over those spirits also.
I am not religious, I probably should be, but I am not. I don't know much about what the Bible says, I just try to treat others as I would like to be treated. I can say this, like I told Matt, there is evil in this world. There are some that were evil in life and they are evil in death. It is those that I worry about, they seem to have powers that are hard to resist. Good always seems to find a way to triumph evil, but it takes a lot of their energy to do so.

Why you experience them is unknown at least to me, just like some people can hear Gods voice and other cant.
I wish I knew what it happens. For years I thought it was just all in my head until I started to describe people that others actually knew. That was a validation for me personally, but I never expect others to feel the same way about me. I normally don't openly discuss much about all of this, except with close family and friends. I posted about it the other night and it all just sort of took off. I don't mind it, still just kind of odd.

99XJ [JU]

Archived
Jays89YJ said:
I like the beginning of this story. :coool:

:bsflag: You never met Remo. I swear the cat was insane. He would be very nice and would decide for himself who he liked. If you weren't on his list of likeable people, you were screwed.
My oldest cat will indeed run up to my wife and bite her, but that's because he is trying to exert his dominance as the beta, instead of her. Running up to a stranger, NEVER HAPPEN.