• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Best years for XJ, ones to avoid?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Sergio is a Canadian idiot. Did someone not tell him it was just a GC with a slightly different body?

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Brock's just mad because his jap mobile failed him on his last trip to CO. Not being one to give up he's going to make the same mistake twice. Your commander will treat you well. 150k isn't terrible for vehicles these days.
Wtf are you rambling about?

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
This group will without fail find something wrong with every vehicle decision buying decision ever made, hell if JUOT were Kelly Blue Book we'd all be walking. This vehicle will be around far past when I'm tired of looking at it, will serve it's purpose well. There's always a worse decision to make, I could have bought that Land Rover.
I liked ours pretty well, I was just advising something that's mechanically identical with better room and capabilities across the board. Not truly hating on it, just pointing out the flaws attempting to help, since I had one for nine years.

Good call on the 3.7L - don't want that beast to get away from you :clapping:

John

Transplant
VIP
Yeah 3.7l = massive fail. They only drove halfway decently with the 300 hp 4.7l or the 5.7l and the mpg difference between the 3.7l and 4.7l was negligible.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
I liked ours pretty well, I was just advising something that's mechanically identical with better room and capabilities across the board. Not truly hating on it, just pointing out the flaws attempting to help, since I had one for nine years.

Good call on the 3.7L - don't want that beast to get away from you :clapping:

Shopping locally kinda limits one, if I found a similar deal on a Grand then I'd have gotten that,even almost bought a GMC Envoy the day before. Stuff doesn't rust too badly here, but people seem to treat there vehicles like dumpsters, other peoples dirt is just nasty. As for the 3.7, it'll be fine for my uses.

John

Transplant
VIP
It's just so much less power for a 1 mpg difference in the city. Hwy= the same. Both V6 and V8 get terrible fuel economy. If I'm getting bad mpg, I want a V8.