• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Bluetoof for the TJ?

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
budget brand I'm considering installing in the dash of the jeep. It is cheaper at walmart actually than amazon.
Amazon.com Car Stereo, XO Vision Car Stereo Receiver with 20 watts x 4 and USB Port and SD Card Slot [ XD103 ] Car Electronics

I put this in the ranger in a gimble mount and may buy another with a surface mount for the jeep. fusion brand radios are used on a lot of boats on the coast

http://www.amazon.com/Fusion-MS-RA50-iPOD-iPHONE-Bluetooth-Marine/dp/B007HFCIG0/ref=lp_7980708011_1_2?srs=7980708011&ie=UTF8&qid=1458658880&sr=8-2

add blutuf
http://www.amazon.com/Fusion-MS-BT100-Bluetooth-Dongle-Marine/dp/B00CUMQU50/ref=pd_sim_200_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41-z3g1KCsL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1S9VN77AVR4C8AK9SCPQ

Last edited:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Interesting. Looks like the $25 one does bluetoof, but it doesn't say if it's just for calls or for streaming as well.
I think only streaming. But I dont think an open jeep would be good for calling anyway.

$19 at walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/XO-Vision-XD107BT-MP3-and-FM-Receiver-with-Bluetooth/46488438

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
The reason I was looking at Kenwood is that it's an easy swap for the existing Kenwood. I'm not opposed to the cheapo option, but my goal here is bluetoof streaming in the TJ. It has a pair of 4x6 dash speakers and a 8" sub in a homemade box in the trunk with an amp under the back seat. That cheapo thing doesn't sound like it has preouts or Bluetoof streaming. It only mentions "calls". I don't plan on doing bluetoof calling in the TJ.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
The Walmart link does mention streaming, and the back does look like it has a pair of preouts...... interesting.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Going to buy the Walmart one and give it a whirl.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
It if doesnt work, take it back. electronics are dirt cheap now and I would have zero problem putting in no name brand disposable radios in a jeep

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
It if doesnt work, take it back. electronics are dirt cheap now and I would have zero problem putting in no name brand disposable radios in a jeep
Ditto. I've lost ~$150 stereos due to rain before. The only reason I lean towards the Kenwood is pure laziness in not wanting to have to wire up a different brand..... but at $20 and able to pick up today, it's a no-brainer.

Crazy Hawk

Willbillys
You can always return it if it doesn't work. I read the volume button can break off easily. These cheaper stereos should be bringing down the cost of the name brands. Also you can get a media-player only with BT if you've moved past the CD era.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP