• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Bluetoof for the TJ?

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
You should go ahead and install it tonight. I do not like waiting for information.
Will do my best, sir!

Going to replace the switch for my blower motor and see if I can clear out my a/c drain tube all at the same time.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Installed it this afternoon. Works fine. Sounds good. BT calling is almost impossible at any speed, but playback works. I'd buy another. Maybe not for my BMW, but for any older vehicle that used a single DIN receiver. Searching for radio stations is a bit clunky. That's my only real complaint, but with presets it's not a big deal.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Installed it this afternoon. Works fine. Sounds good. BT calling is almost impossible at any speed, but playback works. I'd buy another. Maybe not for my BMW, but for any older vehicle that used a single DIN receiver. Searching for radio stations is a bit clunky. That's my only real complaint, but with presets it's not a big deal.
Did you have to download the app?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Did you have to download the app?
Didn't have to. I did download it though. All it is, is the remote functions on your phone. Not entirely sure why you'd ever use it. Maybe if you're parked listening to the radio but not sitting in the vehicle.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Didn't have to. I did download it though. All it is, is the remote functions on your phone. Not entirely sure why you'd ever use it. Maybe if you're parked listening to the radio but not sitting in the vehicle.
good. I think I'm going to mount it in my tuffy console though and put the factory tape deck back in the dash as a decoy, so I need to solder in extra lengths of wire.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
good. I think I'm going to mount it in my tuffy console though and put the factory tape deck back in the dash as a decoy, so I need to solder in extra lengths of wire.
Is there a name brand accessory you don't have? Tuffy, du-ha, etc?

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I have the non-bluetoofs version of that radio in my BMW. The buttons are annoying and it's ugly, but it works fine and has been reliable. When I bought it a few years ago, it was the only radio I could find that had a small case. The way my car's AC console is designed, any standard single DIN radio is too long and sticks out a little (that's what she said).

I'm going to replace it with this one at some point soon

Blaupunkt Adelaide 130 Digital media receiver (does not play CDs) at Crutchfield.com

It will look a little more '73 BMW-appropriate. I had a vintage, period-correct Becker in there for a while, but it sounded terrible and sometimes made popping noises.

Why add bluetooth to an older Jeep? Just for shits?
Streaming music