• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Bluetoof for the TJ?

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Valid points. Truck has bluetooth, but I only use it for talking on the phone via speakerphone, which I believe would prove difficult in an older Wrangler like that. I don't like BT ear pieces because I'm Caucasian. I'd rather a head unit with a USB connector for music and BT the speakerphone. I suppose if you can't keep all of your shit concealed, like in a Wrangler, the BT radio/music could be a good thing. My Jeep is loud as shit with the motor/exhaust setup. Talking on the phone while driving it sucks regardless.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Yeah, I tried talking on it.... about impossible at speed. Much prefer BT streaming to wired though.

tink

My Fawking leg hurts
VIP
Will, I have that very unit in my TJ, works great, just one hitch, can't use a remote control. otherwise very happy with mine, been using it since middle of last summer.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
Welcome to the forums, lady. Tell us about yourself.

Will, I have that very unit in my TJ, works great, just one hitch, can't use a remote control. otherwise very happy with mine, been using it since middle of last summer.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Well, maybe not such a good buy. Twice I've had to reset it to get BT to work. Now it appears to just be dead. FM reception was sub-par as well.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
:clapping: go trade it for another to see if you got a bad unit. There wasn't many problems reported on the forum. If it sucks, i'm going with the boat radio since I know it works

Last edited:

John

Transplant
VIP
Are you trying to use Bluetooth audio or do you plan on making phone calls? Phone calls won't work worth a damn in a TJ. It wasn't even very good in a hard top JK.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Are you trying to use Bluetooth audio or do you plan on making phone calls? Phone calls won't work worth a damn in a TJ. It wasn't even very good in a hard top JK.
Streaming
That cheapo thing doesn't sound like it has preouts or Bluetoof streaming. It only mentions "calls". I don't plan on doing bluetoof calling in the TJ.
Internet radio. I don't burn CDs anymore and the local radio is meh, at best.
Installed it this afternoon. Works fine. Sounds good. BT calling is almost impossible at any speed, but playback works.
Yeah, I tried talking on it.... about impossible at speed. Much prefer BT streaming to wired though.