• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Goodbye Verizon forever

Ardvark

Just switched my last phone over to straightalk

3 phones unlimited everything $140 per month

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Don't you only get something like 2GB at 4G and then the "unlimited" is only 3G?

Ardvark

It's my wife and 2 kids so there's nothing but entertainment going on.

But it's 5 gigs of 4glte then it slows down. It's actually better coverage then just Verizon cause it uses both Verizon and att daughter has been on it for years. Sonnfor over a year. Wife was last one to switch.

I WON'T BE BACK. I'd rather build my own towers and start my own company then go back to Verizon

mojokat

coma toast
VIP
I've had Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Cricket (owned by AT&T) and all are pretty much a joke compared to Verizon.

Sure I've had problems with billing and contractual disputes and their PUCO rating is shit but their coverage is really the best out there.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've had Verizon since before it was Verizon. Never an issue, really.

Ardvark

I have been with Verizon (was differnet name at first) since 1996 (almost 20 years) never cared for them

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Don't you only get something like 2GB at 4G and then the "unlimited" is only 3G?
You get 5GB at 4G... and then 2G there after, not even 3G. If it were 3G, I might give up my Verizon unlimited for it.

But it's only 2G. And since I'm 40GB thus far in the billing period, I still sort of need unlimited.

Ardvark

They don't need unlimited
They only use it for entertainment. If the 2g is too slow maybe they will read a book instead

TacticalFats

Odometer of The Beast
VIP
I am still on unlimited data on VZW. They upped my line $20/mo for unlimited. A few months ago they tried to throttle "high volume" (whatever that is) users. That got squashed so they do this.

IDGAF. I bought a Nexus 6P, so I can walk anytime. Their coverage is awesome and I'll hot spot my phone and my kids can rip through another ~25 gigs a month this summer like they did the last 7 summers on their ipads.