• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Got a new phone finally

mikebeach

Team Chiportly
My LG ENV had a broken screen from a bicycling fall :bikerfail: So I got a Verizon Voyager; touchscreen, flips open with the qwerty keyboard :bling::bling:

Totally stoked to have a working phone, what say you of this phone? love it hate it?
:beach:

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
My LG ENV had a broken screen from a bicycling fall :bikerfail: So I got a Verizon Voyager; touchscreen, flips open with the qwerty keyboard :bling::bling:

Totally stoked to have a working phone, what say you of this phone? love it hate it?
:beach:
uhhh....yeah...I've had one since they came out...LAST YEAR....

In early '06 I've had the LG V....VX9800....in Feb '07 the LG enV...VX9900....and now in Dec '07 the LG Voyager VX10,000

teh S.O. gets my hand me down phones....so we took a pic of teh evolution...

Last edited:

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
btw....i have loaded some iPod .mv4? files on it & watch music vids on it on the

and I've also loaded a couple video ringtones off of youtube on the phyical memory of the phone....

mikebeach

Team Chiportly
Sweet... well I got it free from the Girl that came from :az: to visit... she had nails and hated using the touch screen. Ive loved all my LG phones so far.

I plan to switch providers to Verizon (dropping my crappy QWEST service and getting on the Fiancees Verizon acct). How does the Voyager compare with the Glyde?

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
only non PDA phones worth owning from VZW are LG's. the moto's & samsungs are kind of a PITA to hack...

only non PDA phones worth owning from VZW are LG's. the moto's & samsungs are kind of a PITA to hack...
hack? why do you need to hack them? Are they doing stuff like Qwest did with my phone? My phone has a ton of features according to the samsung site, but Qwest reflashes them to disable a ton of stuff like bluetooth file transfer, the ability to send picture/video, etc.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I like the looks of it but with no support for corporate email systems (Microsoft exchange / activesync technology) it's basically useless to me... even the new iPhone will connect to ActiveSync... why they left this feature out boggles the mind.

If they could make the phone run Windows Mobile 6 it would easily be the bet Verizon phone on the market.

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
hack? why do you need to hack them? Are they doing stuff like Qwest did with my phone? My phone has a ton of features according to the samsung site, but Qwest reflashes them to disable a ton of stuff like bluetooth file transfer, the ability to send picture/video, etc.
verizon doesn't want you BT sending ringtones between phones like you can w/ a ATT/Cell 1/sprint phone, they cripple the chit out of them. THey cripple some other features but I can't think of them right now.

On vzw Moto's and i THINK samsungs you can't even send a ringtone in a txt msg either. no fawking way i'm going to pay for a GD ringtone.

Last edited:

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
I like the looks of it but with no support for corporate email systems (Microsoft exchange / activesync technology) it's basically useless to me... even the new iPhone will connect to ActiveSync... why they left this feature out boggles the mind.

If they could make the phone run Windows Mobile 6 it would easily be the bet Verizon phone on the market.
like i said....it's NOT a PDA phone....but does have a HTML browser. I didn't want to pay over $100/mo for cell service/dataplan if I got a PDA.....and I like vzw LG's

HappyJeep

VZW cripples every ****ing phone they sell, and then charge you out the ass to enable those features.

**** VZW.

Our bill from AT&T is about 20% lower than a plan from VZW with the same minutes but less texting.

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
VZW cripples every ****ing phone they sell, and then charge you out the ass to enable those features.

**** VZW.

Our bill from AT&T is about 20% lower than a plan from VZW with the same minutes but less texting.
i have unlimited pix/vids/txt/internet/navigator (GPS) :jump:

my bill is $80/mo for teh premium plan (15%? work discount) w/ 450 mins.....but vzw don't do roll over :naw:.

the ONLY reason i stuck w/ vzw is, it works pretty much everywhere I've taken my phone. friends & step dad w/ other carriers...not so much...

verizon doesn't want you BT sending ringtones between phones like you can w/ a ATT/Cell 1/sprint phone, they cripple the chit out of them. THey cripple some other features but I can't think of them right now.

On vzw Moto's and i THINK samsungs you can't even send a ringtone in a txt msg either. no fawking way i'm going to pay for a GD ringtone.
I have VZW and send and receive ring tones via txt all the time. I use mobile17.com and save it as a sound file then send it and turn the sound file into a ring tone

SOOOOOO everyone likes the Voyager??? This is going to be my next phone. Any screen problems?? That is the only thing Im scared of, I dont want to crack the screen in my pocket.

This girl at my work has it and she loves it, I have the 2nd gen EnV and love mine but I am thinking about getting a PDA. I need more of a calander and the regular cell phones just dont offer what a PDA has.

tink

My Fawking leg hurts
VIP
I am about to get either the enV2 or the Voyager. Does the bling screen make the phone worth the extra cost?

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
I have VZW and send and receive ring tones via txt all the time. I use mobile17.com and save it as a sound file then send it and turn the sound file into a ring tone
I do that too...but I've also DL 30 second vids off of youtube and used them as VIDEO ringtones. I have a data cable and a program for that because the files are bigger than 500kb

SOOOOOO everyone likes the Voyager??? This is going to be my next phone. Any screen problems?? That is the only thing Im scared of, I dont want to crack the screen in my pocket.
I like it, but I'm bored w/ it already. I'll tell you what....I've dropped this thing getting out of my XJ, dropped it on the floor, fell out of my pocket at teh shop, etc....and I have yet to crack teh screen.