• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I am smoking ribs today

One correction, the wood is mesquite, not hickory.

Cider has been applied. Will apply again around noon, then foil wrap at 12:30 after my meeting.

I have some Stubbs Original to sauce with. Lower carb than the thicker, sweeter sauces that I prefer.

if the ribs come off the smoker a little bit early you can re-wrap in foil and throw them in a cooler with some kitchen towels on top. they'll hold and stay warm for a couple of hours this way.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
you need to season that cutting board. it looks drier than a 75 year old whore's twat.
I need a new cutting board. That's the older of the two I use and the other one warped and cracked, then flattened back out.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
if the ribs come off the smoker a little bit early you can re-wrap in foil and throw them in a cooler with some kitchen towels on top. they'll hold and stay warm for a couple of hours this way.
Good info... but I intend to feast when they come off. The wife complains that she doesn't like "smoke", so I intend to eat them myself and save any leftovers for my lunch tomorrow.

One correction, the wood is mesquite, not hickory.

Cider has been applied. Will apply again around noon, then foil wrap at 12:30 after my meeting.

I have some Stubbs Original to sauce with. Lower carb than the thicker, sweeter sauces that I prefer.

did you pull the membrane off of the bottom of the ribs?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
it's not a huge deal. i feel that pulling the membrane makes them easier to eat, allows more smoke to penetrate and is a nicer presentation. that shit will still taste good if will actually fawking listens to me for once.
I'm doing my best, Pit Master Leon

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
post up pics of your finished product bitch.

also, do you prefer fall off the bone tender or ribs with a slight pull to them?
Probably lean more towards fall off the bone if I can't otherwise get a nice bark on them.

I also intend to post pictures that will include knife & weaponry placements to ensure that this lives up to the BBM standards.