• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Remodel Thread

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
I'd kill myself if i had to live in all that clutter. That fridge door full of shit pisses me off to no end.
When we buy a house next summer it will not be so cluttered. I can't stand it either and actually, it has improved significantly since I took those pictures for the cabinet people.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Talked to a local stone place yesterday. They're saying they can do the counters in a week if I give them a firm date for measuring after the cabinets are in. Basically if I get on the calendar, I'm GTG.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
My kitchen needs a redo too. Hell most of my house looks like 97 when it was built.

There is talk of us downsizing/moving N on a little land and smaller place....if not we want to start this and our contractor is dying to do it.

just need $ lol

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
It starts tomorrow - Demolition/remove old flooring

Sat/Sunday - Electrical/plumbing moved and drywall patched

Mon - Pick up-tile/Drywall patch. Mon afternoon cabinets arrive, begin install

Tues - finish cabinet install/drywall patch

Wed - Finish any cabinet work, begin flooring install. Wed afternoon granite templating

Thurs - Floor, begin laying tile

Fri - Floor, finish laying tile

Sat - New appliances arrive. Grout floor

Sun - install moldings

Wed Feb 11 counter-top installed/plumbing hook-up

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
but are you living there while this happens?
Don't think I mentioned it, but yes, we will live there during the remodel. I'm taking a week off to do the work. Will take lots of pictures, but I probably won't be here too much until the week of the 9th.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
During demo day, we discovered dry rot near the right corner of the sliding door, so we decided to repair the damage and replace the door.