• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

motorcycle shopping

oldfart

Lurker
How'd you like the FJ-09?
My son is planning on getting one next month. He's rented one a couple of times and loves it.
Had a 2012 fully farkled Wee-Strom and enjoyed it but we really don't have the roads here to take full advantage of the dual sport. It looks like you're in the perfect place for that kind of riding.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
0-60 in less than 3 seconds and a sub 11 second 1/4 ain't slow.
Oh it's plenty fast, no doubt. I just reserve the thought of insanity for the type that need nannies to keep the nose down in every gear.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
How'd you like the FJ-09?
My son is planning on getting one next month. He's rented one a couple of times and loves it.
Had a 2012 fully farkled Wee-Strom and enjoyed it but we really don't have the roads here to take full advantage of the dual sport. It looks like you're in the perfect place for that kind of riding.
Before I sat on it I really liked it. When I sat on it I still wanted to like it.
I think it would be a fun commuter or canyon carver. I can't imagine it being comfortable for an all day ride. The riding position is pitched forward too much for me and puts a lot of weight on the handlebars. The pegs were so far back and up I had to visually look for it when I pulled my foot off the ground. The motor (compared to a wee) is phenomenal. It's smooth, it sings, and it'll make that bike move. Lots of power everywhere, I didn't even get it above 7-8krpm of the 1100 redline. ABS when I stomped on the rear brake was cool, my wee doesn't have it. I was on a 20 minute test ride so I didn't get to really do much on it other than cruise Colfax and US-6. Hard to say what I'd think of it with a skid plate and some panniers. Probably would be grinning most of the time. :D

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Before I sat on it I really liked it. When I sat on it I still wanted to like it.
I think it would be a fun commuter or canyon carver. I can't imagine it being comfortable for an all day ride. The riding position is pitched forward too much for me and puts a lot of weight on the handlebars. The pegs were so far back and up I had to visually look for it when I pulled my foot off the ground. The motor (compared to a wee) is phenomenal. It's smooth, it sings, and it'll make that bike move. Lots of power everywhere, I didn't even get it above 7-8krpm of the 1100 redline. ABS when I stomped on the rear brake was cool, my wee doesn't have it. I was on a 20 minute test ride so I didn't get to really do much on it other than cruise Colfax and US-6. Hard to say what I'd think of it with a skid plate and some panniers. Probably would be grinning most of the time. :D
That sucks. I really didn't figure it would be that much different of a position. Yeah well. You probably wouldn't like the riding position of the FJR either, then. It was comfortable to me when I rode it, but I was coming off sport bikes so I felt upright. Since you're accustomed to actually sitting upright, the FJR might have the same heavy wrist and high/rear foot feel to you.