• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Jeep

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
What makes me LOL are the "buy new car that gets slightly better mpg, spend less on gas, have more money in pocket each week" ads.

Deere1

I have to disagree with GG. when gas was around $4 per gallon and $80-$90 fill ups at the run of a month, on my statement it was actually more than my Camry payment including insurance... no lie.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
wtf? I count an SUV, a Toy, and at least two late model pickups :rotflmao:

You've went thru more vehicles than I did at your age and they are worth roughly 10x more :rotflmao:

I can smell your heebness thru the tubes :rotflmao:
I think he bought said Camry for his bedroom toy. :shrug:

Deere1

wtf? I count an SUV, a Toy, and at least two late model pickups :rotflmao:

You've went thru more vehicles than I did at your age and they are worth roughly 10x more :rotflmao:

I can smell your heebness thru the tubes :rotflmao:
If I can give you a total. I have had around 8-9 vehicles since 15. '03 Chevy z71, '04 F150, have been sold but both are still alive as far as I know. I locked the engine up in an '05 Chevy z71 back in the 9th grade with less than 3200 miles flying through the shallow edge of the river. I had just installed a lift, cai and new wheels.

as someone who always has and still currently daily drives junk, i believe there is a lot of value in buying a newer vehicle under warranty and doing NOTHING but putting gas in it. i have owned a lot of pay check vehicles and i have also spent a lot of time maintaining them. i could have done a lot of other things with that time...

i have still yet to overcome my frugality, and am daily driving a paycheck xj, which will at some point require nights and weekends in the garage.

you know what, it may just be worth it to spend the 20K+ and buy into the newer vehicle. if you trade up, it is really only a one time expense and then 5-7k gets you into a newer vehicle every 3 years or so...

squirrely

skwirlie fing
i have still yet to overcome my frugality, and am daily driving a paycheck xj, which will at some point require nights and weekends in the garage.
Grease, wrenches, gaskets, sockets.....ahhhh nothing like laying under the vehicle and cracking the diff or reworking the fuel system with the significant other. Best weekends of my life.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Grease, wrenches, gaskets, sockets.....ahhhh nothing like laying under the vehicle and cracking the diff or reworking the fuel system with the significant other. Best weekends of my life.
You've had a few too many knocks to the head. :jump:

Cornholio01

as someone who always has and still currently daily drives junk, i believe there is a lot of value in buying a newer vehicle under warranty and doing NOTHING but putting gas in it. i have owned a lot of pay check vehicles and i have also spent a lot of time maintaining them. i could have done a lot of other things with that time...

you know what, it may just be worth it to spend the 20K+ and buy into the newer vehicle. if you trade up, it is really only a one time expense and then 5-7k gets you into a newer vehicle every 3 years or so...
Vette gone? That was great bang for the buck purchase.

Warrantys - cue Tommy Boy.

Deere1

"Yo Brian! the clutch on my a/c compressor has started to make noise, Not to worry, Moms at home working on it as we speak, Lets go mudding in your truck"

Would be epic lulz!