• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Official Super Bowl Thread - 2014

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Sounds like an extremely boring game. Glad I didn't waste my time watching or caring.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Sounds like an extremely boring game. Glad I didn't waste my time watching or caring.
Being neutral I thoroughly enjoyed it and was surprised that both teams played right to the end (ignoring the last 30s when it was impossible to do much)
Many years in the past the game seems to end in the 2nd half of the last 1/4 when time wasting becomes the aim. This one they were going for it to the end. Maybe the SeaHawks just didnt know how it is normally played and hence never accepted they were safe. Good on them

It also seemed that the Broncos might pull something out of the hat purely based on the pre-match Manning hype, and their fans never seemed to surrender too

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Being neutral I thoroughly enjoyed it and was surprised that both teams played right to the end (ignoring the last 30s when it was impossible to do much)
Many years in the past the game seems to end in the 2nd half of the last 1/4 when time wasting becomes the aim. This one they were going for it to the end. Maybe the SeaHawks just didnt know how it is normally played and hence never accepted they were safe. Good on them

It also seemed that the Broncos might pull something out of the hat purely based on the pre-match Manning hype, and their fans never seemed to surrender too
last years came down to the final play of the game, WTF are you talking about? Peyton was beaten long before they finally scored, there was no way that he could come back :paper:

neevo

Limey Hippo
last years came down to the final play of the game, WTF are you talking about? Peyton was beaten long before they finally scored, there was no way that he could come back :paper:
:naw: ...and with the winning team trying to get the time to run out before the other team can get a TD rather than playing to the end. Gameplay ends well before the clock says to stop

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
For as lopsided as the game was, I felt like last night was pretty entertaining for the most part. I kept waiting for a big Peyton drive, but it never came.

All credit to that defense, especially the front line/front 7 that put a TON of pressure on Manning from the start.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
For as lopsided as the game was, I felt like last night was pretty entertaining for the most part. I kept waiting for a big Peyton drive, but it never came.

All credit to that defense, especially the front line/front 7 that put a TON of pressure on Manning from the start.
Seattle made sure the receivers feared catching the ball, shades of the 2000 Ravens and 1985 Bears

neevo

Limey Hippo
when I was damn near having a heart attack :agree:

Manure losing, Arsenal top of the table, Ireland kickeingass in 6 Nations, Manning playing like Manning. What a great sports weekend :jump:
That's the beauty of being a neutral - no pressure nor expectations :beerrocks:

There was a bit on the BBC news website about Florida soccer and they interviewed a few youngsters and asked which team they supported. For once none supported ManYoo though one supported Man City. Manyoo are really fading. Only a complete nutter would support them or else be totally delusional...I wonder who I could be referring too...:shrug: :jump:

There again it's surprising another red team are doing so well :rotflmao:

neevo

Limey Hippo

Seattle made sure the receivers feared catching the ball, shades of the 2000 Ravens and 1985 Bears
So if the best defence can destroy the best offence, why do teams bother with a superior offence in the first place :shrug:

Or why were both teams in the SB not good at defence alone??

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
That's the beauty of being a neutral - no pressure nor expectations :beerrocks:

There was a bit on the BBC news website about Florida soccer and they interviewed a few youngsters and asked which team they supported. For once none supported ManYoo though one supported Man City. Manyoo are really fading. Only a complete nutter would support them or else be totally delusional...I wonder who I could be referring too...:shrug: :jump:
:clapping: Rooney and RVP will be gone since they won't get any play in Europe next season

There again it's surprising another red team are doing so well :rotflmao:
I'M RIDING THAT WAVE AS FAR AS IT'LL TAKE ME DAMMIT :drownz: :jump:

I was pretty sure one team wouldn't play well yesterday, but was pleasantly surprised it wasn't the Seachokes.:jump: