• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Pork butt just went on the smoker.

John

Transplant
VIP
Do you identify more with the gay, metro sexual, or Hispanic population?

Happy Easter Beans! Sounds amazing!
:leon3:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I hope that comes out good. But damn you probably should have started earlier. Mine usually go 10-12 hours

Reactions: jey

John

Transplant
VIP
We had bacon, eggs with tortillas and green chile for breakfast. It was fawking good.
Nice. CO made me appreciate green chile. I didn’t like it at all when I first moved there and now I’d love to have a bacon breakfast burrito with green chile or chorizo ftw...

We did have some great bacon and eggs so I’m happy.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I too miss being able to just go down into a part of town and pick up fresh roasted bags of them.
I've been lucky to find a place here in FL that gets them in each year.
I buy one box of medium and one hot.
Fire up the weed burner and roast/sweat and then foodsaver them so I can take out a bag when I need them.
Nothing beats good chiles from Hatch, NM.
I'll bet that smoked pork would make a good batch of chile.

I too miss being able to just go down into a part of town and pick up fresh roasted bags of them.
I've been lucky to find a place here in FL that gets them in each year.
I buy one box of medium and one hot.
Fire up the weed burner and roast/sweat and then foodsaver them so I can take out a bag when I need them.
Nothing beats good chiles from Hatch, NM.
I'll bet that smoked pork would make a good batch of chile.
So...this is as an old wive’s tale, but my mother had always insisted that if you don’t sprinkle a bit of garlic salt on the green chile before you chop it, it will give you a stomach ache.

Four hours in. Just probed my butt. Sitting at 150 degrees. Going to let it ride up to 165 then will wrap in peach paper. Looking for final internal of 203 degrees. This smoke is going well.

5 hours in. Just probed. 163 degrees. Going to let it ride for 15 minutes then wrap and back on the smoker until 203. Looking good!!!!