• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Pork butt just went on the smoker.

came off the smoker at 9 pm. It was dry and stringy and just plain gross.
I’ll leave the smoking to the experts like Stevey and Miwico. Give up on this shit.

This is where you went wrong :beerchug:
It’s all I could get my hands on at the grocery store. I usually pick up a rub from a local BBQ place or make my own (i still have some of my homemade rub I use on beef) but with these trying times I just grabbed this Weber rub at the grocery store.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'll be you do a mean carne asada though.
I've tried 3 different marinades for it, and they're not quite the same as a Mexican place the Wifey and I go to.
I've used both skirt and flank, but the menu there says they use flap steak, which is similar to flank. Might look around for some.....but it's the marinade I need to figure out from the restaurant.

I'll be you do a mean carne asada though.
nope. That is more of a Mexican thing than a New Mexican thing. When I want carne asada I buy it pre marinated out of the meat case at the Mexican market. Those fawkers get pissed when I don’t speak to them in Spanish.