• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

SIMCITY

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
F*ckers shipped it UPS... Those brown wearing bastards don't deliver until evenings here and half the time they miss their delivery dates and I have to wait until the following (night) to get the item. :naw:

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Why in the hell did you bother with a media delivery order? Seriously? You want a DVD for a game that requires an internet connection and will download updates after you install it anyway? I really don't have any sympathy for you having to wait for the delivery. Digital delivery is the way you should have gone. You're going to end up adding it to your Origin account anyway. I woke up early (~2am) because I fell asleep at 7pm last night. Spent a couple hours working, then downloaded the game and played it for another couple hour before I had to get ready for work.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I didn't know it was all online when I pre-ordered it.

Besides now I will have more reason to complain when I give it a 1 star review for it's required net connection.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I didn't know it was all online when I pre-ordered it.

Besides now I will have more reason to complain when I give it a 1 star review for it's required net connection.
Well, once you get it, let me know... I'll send you an invite for one of the games I started. I'm probably going to start a new one now that I've played enough to figure out the basics.

Started with this one and tried to create a city to share resources with only to figure out that they weren't connected by road (required to share resources) once I built up the second city a little.
Horizon Archipelago - SimCity Hub

I think I'm going to use this region next:
Reflection Atoll - SimCity Hub

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Couldn't wait... Installed SimCity 4... was going pretty good until Outlook Bugged out causing it to crash. East Sedona wasn't doing well anyway.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
And the failure of all online play is evident in the fact that their servers are down and the game is unplayable.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Has there ever been an online game that the developers managed to successfully launch without server crashes on the first day?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I don't know, the only other online game I play is subspace which I bought when I was in high school. They shutdown their official servers a long time ago but fans managed to put up their own to keep the game running.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Finally here... Installing now... we'll see. Yes it says right on the box "Persistent Internet Connection Required" :owned:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Left my city running on cheeta mode while I went to the grocery store... came back to the entire thing in rubble from fires and disaster. :owned:

edit: and naturally, the servers are fubar again.....

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
speaking of owned, not only is SimCity online only, it has to be logged in and online to work, alone or multiplayer... looks like the genius developers made it so half the game has to be crunched remotely so the game isn't even running locally... LOL, the executables you paid for are permanently located in Pakistan... DRM is serious bizness

oh well, maybe when the nanny factor is (reconfigured) and playing without innernets is (selectable) maybe I'll reconsider (downloading a legal version I like) this for (about 59 dollars off) :D:D:D

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
After getting used to SC4 this version is small and boring. The best game would have been somewhere in between the two games.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Holy shit this game ****ing sucks. Every time I try to switch cities within a region it locks up and kicks me out then doesn't want to run anymore. Have to switch regions and start over.

Kevin

Not in the 'In' Crowd
VIP
I was going to buy the digital download today... after reading the the last few posts, I think I'll wait, or maybe go buy SC4 instead.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Really not worth paying for or playing at this point. I just played for an hour or two and lost everything when I tried to jump to a different city in the region. It's ****ing horrible. Worst game implementation ever.... can't save it locally and every time it disconnects you lose your changes.