• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

SIMCITY

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm still getting rollbacks on one of my cities. Not sure what the story is with that, but I play it for 10-20 minutes and then it rolls back and I lose $200k and anything I've built.
Apparently this city is stuck in time..... every time play it I get a processing error and it gets rolled back. It literally hasn't saved anything in the past two days.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Not anymore... they disabled the high speed setting because their servers couldn't handle it.....

Oh, and the giant lizard came out and destroyed half my city. Apparently taking out my City Hall also took out my water supply since the water plant is tied to a City Hall module. :owned:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Not anymore... they disabled the high speed setting because their servers couldn't handle it.....

Oh, and the giant lizard came out and destroyed half my city. Apparently taking out my City Hall also took out my water supply since the water plant is tied to a City Hall module. :owned:
That should be considered a bug... taking out a building shouldn't stop something else from functioning even if it was a pre-req,

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
That should be considered a bug... taking out a building shouldn't stop something else from functioning even if it was a pre-req,
Back to back disasters of the lizard then a tornado really put a hurting on that town. Had to rebuild and tax revenue was in the hole big time.

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
Just bought The Simcity Box for pick up on the way home.... I'll wait until EA gets their chit together.

By the way:
Chris Kluwes SimCity 5 Review - Business Insider

So I say to EA, and any other publisher thinking like EA - stop with the “always on” bulls***. Yes, you’re going to lose some sales to piracy, and yes, it sucks. The solution isn’t to [redacted] over the people who actually want to play the game. The solution isn’t to treat the customer like a prisoner you’re graciously offering the opportunity to lease your game. The solution is to make a good game, and then people will tell their friends about it, and then those friends will buy the game and YOU WILL MAKE MASSIVE PILES OF MONEY AND NOT INDUCE RAGE ANEURYSMS IN YOUR CUSTOMER BASE.
Because believe me, I’m not shy about letting people know when to avoid a game that’s not worth playing. And right now, SimCity 5 is not worth playing.
EA, you are worse than Herpes. At least my infrastructure worked.
:bigjump:

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
I don't get the simcity attraction. I tried several years ago... Why do you guys like to play? I am a little surprised as you are not shooting things or blowing things up.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

:banghead:

As for why we play- I just like maps and things like maps, seeing the city grow and change.

Kevin

Not in the 'In' Crowd
VIP
I don't get the simcity attraction. I tried several years ago... Why do you guys like to play? I am a little surprised as you are not shooting things or blowing things up.
Most techheads/geeks I know are borderline OCD and creating our own perfect city in nice neat squares is a subconscious attraction. Plus I like having Godzilla & UFOs in the same game. :D

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
dude, who wouldn't rike gawdzirra effing up your eTown... that alone almost justifies the $60 lease price

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Developing a complex system, troubleshooting it, and seeing success or failure at accomplishing a goal..... seems pretty much like fun to me. Applies to virtually every hobby I have.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've been having most success on Eastern Europe 2... Started a new region yesterday and claimed 2 cities next to each other, one I developed pretty decently yesterday- will go to the second one today and see if I can get it going,

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I have a smallish city on one of the west europe servers that has over $1mil. I think the secret to the game is to build slowly.

edit: Cannot get logged in to any of my existing cities this morning.

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Really annoyed I couldn't get to my server of choice so couldn't get to my cities but at least you can play the game now... It's looking real good once it works.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The head of Maxis, Lucy Bradshore is answering tweets for the next 25 minutes to #asklucy

Since she is not giving real answers I should tweet "Show us your #tits. #asklucy" :jump:

whatttup_G

免租的母狗!!11!
pathetic... not even a half hour for the enraged twits of the world... lol customer care :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

really looks like the whole online cooperative side of the game was forced in just to cover the nazi level DRM crap they really hold in such high regard.. otherwise, why bother.. the game is not all that multiplayer, the fact that your game is stuck on 'a' server is just retarded, and considering the internet is basically a giant server room where most everything is interconnected... i mean HTF is your game not accessible from other servers, they don't talk or share or let you work/play wherever there is room??

thats a really odd facet for a game that supposedly wont run with out all these dedicated servers crunching numbers the game needs to work

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
They obviously never thought about moving games between servers because they didn't think they'd need many servers... In fact back during Beta 1 they were talking about just making a decision to have more than 1 server for the whole world. The game was designed for the last x years thinking there would only be a single server- (or more likely server cluster) so of course they didn't consider there being a dozen+ a week after launch.

I got 2 nice cities in an empty region on North America 2 if you can figure out how to view/get there.

So every time you make a fire truck/police car/ambulance/etc you get a 2nd one to send to a neighbor? Seems like if you don't use it for a neighbor it doesn't get used at all- you can use them in your own city. I guess that is to foster the spirit of cooperation.