• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Stupid pump shut of @ $80

Diesal, right?

Still, FAWK

16 gallons ?!??!?!

Pumps are going to have to adjust that feature here pretty soon and bump up the shutoff to AT LEAST $100

C5inAZ [JU]

Archived
$84 to fill teh dieselwag a couple days ago. Diesel had dropped from 4.71 to 4.61 the night before so that saved me $1.70.

that makes sense, I suppose. I was thinking drive-offs, but that doesn't make sense as they have your money already.

I was also thinking about people who wedge a gas cap under the handle and walk off while its pumping. I realize there is a shutoff, but was thinking it may be a backup in case that one failed, it would prevent 100 gallons from gushing all over the place.

but no, yours makes much more sense even though a thief would probably see no reason not to double swipe.

The 70-80 dollar cut-off has been around since (as far as I've experienced) gas has been in the buck range.

I figured it was a precaution against several different scenarios, but high enough (back then) where it wasn't ever an issue when it came to most people filling up.

If I remember correctly, I had heard at one time that it would cost a decent amount to modify that to a higher number, so they don't, and just deal with it.

half-truth
Care to offer the full truth? This is something that has been getting on my nerves for quite a while. The card company tells me that it is not them and that it is the station and yet the station tells me it's not them. Shell stations give me the hardest time not allowing the use of my card at the pump at all anymore. I have to go inside every time. I guess they don't like paying multiple transaction fees every time I go to fill up. Yet there is no place for me to call to find out if this limitation can be removed. I've called shell credit and they act as though they know nothing. It has happened to me with two cards now. Both Visa.

It's always been that way for me. A few places had $100 cut offs. I always had to swipe twice when I had my 'burban, but then again I stopped filling it up all the way for fear of it breaking down.