• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Stupid pump shut of @ $80

ABQ-TJ [JU]

Archived
Care to offer the full truth? This is something that has been getting on my nerves for quite a while. The card company tells me that it is not them and that it is the station and yet the station tells me it's not them. Shell stations give me the hardest time not allowing the use of my card at the pump at all anymore. I have to go inside every time. I guess they don't like paying multiple transaction fees every time I go to fill up. Yet there is no place for me to call to find out if this limitation can be removed. I've called shell credit and they act as though they know nothing. It has happened to me with two cards now. Both Visa.
As far as I remember, you are only liable for up to $50 in fraud on a card...so why would the cut off be anything other than $50? Sounds like a BS story someone is telling to me.

And also, why has AMEX always had a higher cutoff at most pumps than Visa/MC (until recently with the fuel price hike)?