• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Alan James flower pictures

neelandan

Owner of dot net
Striped Tiger Orchid:

This was taken using a sony H55 digital camera (14 megapixel, 10:1 zoom) I have access to, for a short while.

Mike R

Better than Joe.
fascinating... :spock:
I agree Soyl your pics are very nice, you have a unique style. I myself enjoy phtography it is all about the angles, point of view, lighting, and the perspective of the photographer when the picture is taken. Most people don't take into account all these things and just point and shoot. When they see a well shot photograph these degenerates are incapable of appreciating a well shot photograph and dismiss it as if they could shoot a similiar photo without even trying. It takes a lot more than a simple point and shoot kodak to get a superior photo, many factors have to be taken into condsideration, that the majority of people don't, and never will comprehend.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Wait, you spawned? Oh crap. :D

I've loved taking pictures of flowers. Sadly since I bought myself a decent camera, I seldom see a picture worth taking when I have my camera. Usually the light, atmosphere, location, subject just don't look good.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
When I first started my job at SFIC I took a couple of pictures of the bushes in the parking lot using a cheap POS 1st generation point and shoot digital camera... I think it had an 8 MB memory card... Anyway me taking pictures of the bushes was enough for someone to "report" suspicious behavior and that afternoon I had a sit down with the director of corporate security, a former FBI agent, asking what I was doing.

Plus the pictures turned out like crap.

skimblz

Ski Bum
Striped Tiger Orchid:

This was taken using a sony H55 digital camera (14 megapixel, 10:1 zoom) I have access to, for a short while.
Nice composition on that. Adjust your aperture a bit and narrow the depth of field and it'd pop even more.

Very nice!

neelandan

Owner of dot net
I shall try it using my regular camera - F15, 4 megapixel with a larger aperture. For taking closeups I have marked the focus point on the "macro" setting on the wrist strap.