• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Prime is a scam now

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Really? When I tried to create an account with our CC# I got an error saying an account with that CC# already exists. This was last month.
You have the exact same CC#, not just another card on the same account? My wife and I share accounts, but her card number has always been unique.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
You have the exact same CC#, not just another card on the same account? My wife and I share accounts, but her card number has always been unique.
We have the exact same CC#, not just another card on the same account with a unique number.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Why would you want two accounts? Can you not share anymore?
I wanted to buy my wife some Christmas presents that she couldn't see or track on her account... My plan was immediately DNU'd by Amazon anyway, so I went shopping locally and figured it out. Ideally, I have my own account so I can manage ordering shit for vehicle maintenance, etc. and not always have :wifey: grilling about what's what and when do I need it.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
We have the exact same CC#, not just another card on the same account with a unique number.
I've never actually seen that before. I believe you, just odd in my experience.

John

Transplant
VIP
I wanted to buy my wife some Christmas presents that she couldn't see or track on her account... My plan was immediately DNU'd by Amazon anyway, so I went shopping locally and figured it out. Ideally, I have my own account so I can manage ordering shit for vehicle maintenance, etc. and not always have :wifey: grilling about what's what and when do I need it.
I can’t remember how to do it off hand, but there’s a way to do shopping and have lists and all that’s hidden. Just for stuff like Christmas shopping.

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
This......mostly about birthdays and Christmas.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
See all this is foreign to me. I have a wife that can barely work the remote, so I do all the online stuff. When she needs to order something she walks with her iPad to me, shows me some bullshit usually on a bogus site, then I find it on Amazon and order it

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
My ex was an authorized user on my BoA card. We had the same 16-digit account number, but different expiration date, and different CVV.
Damn. I just looked and my BOA (Alaska Air) card does that. I ordered an additional card for my daughter because I read somewhere that BOA reports credit for authorized users that are underage. Her card number and mine are exactly the same.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
See all this is foreign to me. I have a wife that can barely work the remote, so I do all the online stuff. When she needs to order something she walks with her iPad to me, shows me some bullshit usually on a bogus site, then I find it on Amazon and order it
You need to train her better.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
They just opened a huge distribution center about 5 miles from me. I'm starting to see more same-day stuff and most things are now next day.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I was actually annoyed I couldn’t find an M18x1.5 pressure relief vent plug on Amazon. Had to order from eBay and they still had our CC info tied to our address in Idaho. That’s 7+ years since ordering anything on eBay.

Distribution center here in town. We get a lot of stuff same day or next morning, often around 6am. 6am delivery is somewhat inconvenient as we don't open our gate until later so stuff gets left outside the gate.

neelandan

Owner of dot net
Hi from India.

I have Amazon prime. Here it costs 1500 Indian rupees per year, which would come out amazingly cheap when converted to USD.

They have a minimum value order to qualify for free shipping, for the plebs. So I would find something small, and cheap, that I wanted and it wouldn't be shipped free by itself. So, rather than pay for shipping, I would find something else to buy so that the total would be above that limit. I was buying stuff I really didn't need, and I figured it would be cheaper to pay them the subscription.

Besides, I had just gotten a new TV and internet by fiber, so that made their videos available.

They have partnered with a grocery chain with outlets in my city, so I get same day or next day delivery for vegetables and fruits.

Then there is the convenience of ordering sugar, rice etc in bulk and having it delivered. Someone else does the heavy lifting and transport, and prices are frequently cheaper.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Learned my lesson... can't depend on Amazon around holidays at all. Currently all of the Black Friday deals are "prime free delivery" on 12/5. That's a new worst for me. 11 days? I'm paying extra for that level of service? I really need to cancel before it renews next time around.