• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Prime is a scam now

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
My order that was to be delivered tomorrow showed up today

I think Amazon just hates some of you

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP

The root of the problem is, IMO, the USPS mail carrier. My friend astutely observers that "most of [my] problems are self inflicted."

John

Transplant
VIP

You’re a great person. Amazon somehow knows this. They’re bigger than us all. My same day shit sometimes ends up being two days. I’m probably in the purgatory of Amazon. Catholic joke. A lot of y’all won’t get the humor.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Does UPS not deliver to you?
UPS, FedEx, and DHL deliver to my house. The USPS mail carrier refuses to bring packages to the house and I have to drive to the PO to get them the next day. The backup/holiday mail carriers bring packages to the house, just not the normal mail carrier. I've complained and was told that I'm within the distance they should bring it to the house, but nothing changes. Several years ago I requested Amazon to stop using UPS Surepost because it turned prime into prime + however many days it takes me to get to the PO during business hours. Apparently that "hack" has been patched by Amazon.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Can we just sum this thread up by saying you pissed off your mail carrier who ensured you never receive Amazon deliveries in a timely manner? Therefore Amazon Prime truly isn’t a scam, it’s more of you stepping on your dick.

John

Transplant
VIP
Can we just sum this thread up by saying you pissed off your mail carrier who ensured you never receive Amazon deliveries in a timely manner? Therefore Amazon Prime truly isn’t a scam, it’s more of you stepping on your dick.
Damn. I’m jealous of him then. No wonder his wife sticks around.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Mail carrier didn't bring packages from day one, so I'm not sure what I could have done to piss him off. Other than that, the rest is accurate.

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Rural Alaska takes then a week or two before they ship then 5-10 days to arrive. Been like this forever. Weird thing is sometimes they overnight via FedEx large items like the Warn Winch I bought took a week to ship it then they overnighted it. Can't remember the last time they shipped something the next day or two after buying it. Always hold it for a couple days/week before shipping.

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
I ordered parmesan cheese, pistachios, and triscuits yesterday. They'll be here tomorrow via FedEx, ordered from Walmart.

That's a huge advantage compared to usps and amazon

neelandan

Owner of dot net
The Amazon delivery guy - usually the same guy shows up on a scooter - told me he gets paid "per packet" and since I think Amazon is robbing rich mericans to subsidize us poor injuns (dot) it is better not to club orders to have fewer boxes.

Some days, he would make two trips.

There are other players in the fray (jiomart and Lulu Mall) doing business and competition is good.