• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Prime is a scam now

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Learned my lesson... can't depend on Amazon around holidays at all. Currently all of the Black Friday deals are "prime free delivery" on 12/5. That's a new worst for me. 11 days? I'm paying extra for that level of service? I really need to cancel before it renews next time around.
That’s probably just for you with your long ass driveway - cuts into their time per stop pretty heavily.

Glenn

Desert Dweller
VIP
Amazon is hit or miss here. Usually 2 days, sometimes 5 days.
Have been using Walmart+ for some stuff. Same day grocery & beer delivery is nice.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Since we have a distribution center here now I actually got part of an order delivered at 6am the next morning when I ordered it at like 8pm.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I order stuff on Amazon almost daily lately and it’s always there in a day or two.

I've gotten better about my "Amazon Day" since I hate them showing up to my house with a single tube of toothpaste in a box.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Used to pay $79/yr for two days shipping. Now I think I'm paying over $100 for shipping that is getting into the 7-10+ day range. Yesterday I was looking to order something (1/5/23) and all of the "prime" shipping options were like 1/13 or 1/16 delivery. Utterly awful for a premium service that I'm paying for.

Anyone just cancelled and switched to just using Target and Walmart without subscription?
A year later and now we're in the 10-14 day range consistently. I guess this is a leg up for the competition. Our Amazon orders have to have dropped by half. I can't even get things before Christmas at this point. We're still two weeks out!

Last edited:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
A year later and now we're in the 10-14 day range consistently. I guess this is a leg up for the competition. Our Amazon orders have to have dropped by half. I can't even get things before Christmas at this point. We're still two weeks out!
What are you ordering on Amazon that takes 10-14 days to deliver? How far away is the closest Amazon distribution center to your house?

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
What are you ordering on Amazon that takes 10-14 days to deliver? How far away is the closest Amazon distribution center to your house?
Literally anything with the prime label. I think Richmond or Roanoke. Maybe Charlottesville. 50-100 miles.

12/21: https://www.amazon.com/Top-Post-Bat...&pd_rd_r=1bc18ef4-cc49-449b-b1f3-7c72aa16106d

12/23-12/27: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GGKZ2SC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Last edited:

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
To be fair, I only replied since they were fast delivery. Lots of stuff is week out for me lol

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Only for you though. It honestly sounds like a conspiracy against true patriots like you.
You laugh, but I just changed the shipping address to my company name at the same address and it went from 12/21 to 12/14.