• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Crappy Baseball Teams Pool...

Josh

meh
I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that the Milwaukee Brewers will be in the playoffs. :puzzled:

Unbelievable.

Josh

meh
If they make it to play the cubs in the NLCS, I'll be looking for a way to ship a goat to waveland ave. :clapping:

Josh

meh
You know, if you look at how the playoff schedule goes, it is sort of fawked up by the not playing a team in your division in round 1.

If I were the cubs, and the mets had won, I'd have been pissed as chit that I'd be playing the Mets instead of the Dodgers.

Josh

meh
I won't get to make it. :(

If they go to the WS however (which they will not), I'll be there. :agree:
I already told my new boss that they can fire me if they don't let me go.

Socrates Rules

Sage
VIP
I won't get to make it. :(

If they go to the WS however (which they will not), I'll be there. :agree:
I already told my new boss that they can fire me if they don't let me go.
I used to have season tickets for the Dodgers, have been to 4 WS games.

Went to an Angels game last night, not much drama there. Was fun to watch Josh Hamilton play, he is like a big kid in the field, having all kinds of fun.

Josh

meh
I'll be surprised if that happens.

Congrats to the Brewers, but part of me didn't want for the to when because of what they did to Ned Yost.
And if they hadn't done that to Ned Yost, it wouldn't have.

Ned is a nice guy, I'm sure. All the players loved him, and why wouldn't they? He is a total players' manager: No accountability. With Ned it was always fine, or just one game.

God, look how important "just one game" was this year, and "just two games" were last year. Make him the 3rd base coach in Atlanta again. He was probably "just fine" doing that.

Josh

meh
Here's another interesting spin on the Yost thing.... Yount was his bench coach. And then this year Yount decided he'd had enough and wanted to "spend time with family."

Yet, as soon as Ned is gone and ol' buddy Dale Sveum calls, Yount in on the first plane back to Milwaukee? He says he couldn't say no to his buddy.

Read into that however you like, but I think it says a lot.

2007: September 30th
2008: September 27th

2007: Jaime Moyer, starting pitcher
2008: Jaime Moyer, starting pitcher

2007: Phillies beat the Nationals to clinch the NL East
2008: Phillies beat the Nationals to clinch the NL East

Two fawking years in a row, I get to witness this in person. How effing lucky am I? :D

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I shall root for the Brewers and support Josh in his quest.