• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Crappy Baseball Teams Pool...

Erik B

Joey's OK
VIP
GO TIGERs.:joshrox:

:rant:
2 of 3 thats all you needed you bastards. You had control and you had to drop 2 of 3 to KC. :rant:

John

Transplant
VIP
Here's another interesting spin on the Yost thing.... Yount was his bench coach. And then this year Yount decided he'd had enough and wanted to "spend time with family."

Yet, as soon as Ned is gone and ol' buddy Dale Sveum calls, Yount in on the first plane back to Milwaukee? He says he couldn't say no to his buddy.

Read into that however you like, but I think it says a lot.
But to take the guy out with 2 weeks left in the season? He did so much to even have them in contention for the playoffs.

Erik B

Joey's OK
VIP
2 late season flame outs in two years and you seem to think the guy was manager of the year material.:puzzled:

Josh

meh
2 late season flame outs in two years and you seem to think the guy was manager of the year material.:puzzled:
:werd:
This was a team loaded (relatively) with talent he could neither discipline nor harness appropriately. When they won it was despite him.

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
fawking sub forum.

Hell of a game last night. I can't wait for today's game!

GO SOX

:joshrox:

Josh

meh
It really does...it's taken all my strength not to buy these tho... :jump:
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/save_a_piece.jsp
I would. That would absolutely fall under the "we talked about this" category. :clapping: Actually, :wifey: would understand. :agree: 5 years ago, there would have been hell to pay, but she has come around to baseball now. :D

I wish I could've gotten some "Country" stadium seats from Milwaukee. My Grandpa was on the crew that built that stadium. :( He told me he was the first person up on the roof of the 2nd deck fastening down the cover or whatever. I dun think they sold them, and if they did, it was sort of under the table (ie. probably stolen during demolition).

You should buy them. :agree: Mount on plywood in front of TV, FTW. :clapping: