• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Crappy Baseball Teams Pool...

Josh

meh
Wow. Tough nights in Arizona.

Two years ago with Turnbow, and last year with Cordero, saves were nearly automatic. Despite Turnbow and Gagne becoming the biggest busts ever, Torres has (knock on wood), but a great surprise. Still, every one of his 9ths are total nailbiters.

MJM

Sweet, terrible freedom
I agree, it's good to see someone other the the fawking Yankees, or stoopid Red Sox leading the AL East. Just wish that stewpid Canadian team could do better. Think they dug a hole too deep.

mightytyke

Shoot, Move, Communicate!
VIP
Speaking of Gay-Rod, it would've been interesting to see him face some of the older pitchers, like the old head hunters with the way he whines to the ump when he strikes out.

Josh

meh
Oh holy fawk.

NY Mets, how about a recall on Mota?

5-0 into the bottom of the ninth, Milwaukee over the expansion crew in Arizona.
Ned "manages" his little "formula" by putting Mota in.
(By my calculations, each time this happens, disaster strikes).

Yup, 6-5 loss, without a single out recorded. Good lord!

People I never want to see in a Brewer uniform again:
*Mota
*Gagne
*Turnbow.

Seriously, send them to AAA Nashville. I bet the Sounds have never had a $10 million closer. They'd probably love it.

Edit: What also really bothers me is that they asked this kid Manny Parra to step up this year. He was 8-2, and he held the 5-0 lead. :naw:
Obviously, he won't get the loss, but :headpop:

Last edited:

Josh

meh
Brewers and Pirates wore Negro League uniforms yesterday.
They were sweet looking -old school style.
Nearly everyone had the "bloomed" pants with the high socks.
Except Prince. :naw:

Pirates unis were sweet too. Can't find a pic of that. :2cents:

Edit: Billy looks more angry than happy. :shrug:

Josh

meh
Well, then it looks like maybe he did after all. :shrug:
I definitely remember wondering WTF was up with him.

This one shows the "Pittsburgh Crawfords"

mightytyke

Shoot, Move, Communicate!
VIP
Tigers won in 2-1 in 15 over the Mariners tonight, Mariners brought in Burke from behind the plate to pitch the 15th because their bullpen was wore out.